Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GA. Mountain Egg Fest:

Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First thanks to Jay for sharing the ride up, it made the trip a lot better.

John & Joan I cannot thank you enough, for such a wonderful time for dinner on Thursday night. What great host. You have a beautiful home and awesome view from the top of the mountain.

It was worth every mile for the trip up there to have a quiet dinner with you all. The fest was over the top. To be able to go to a fest and cook with a bunch of good friends and meet some new ones.

It was so enjoyable to cook for all those people that were so polite and friendly. John your fest reminded me of the first few fest that I attended where everything and everyone was great. I Thank You for that JOHN.

000_0191.jpg
Jay putting the peddle to the metal.

100_1084.jpg
One of the most wonderful views from John & Joan's back deck.

100_1087.jpg
Of course the Egg's have to get a great view also.

100_1083.jpg
John prepping 3 of his famous Hams in Mans Cave.

100_1092.jpg
Here we have Jay,Hilda,John and Rebecca.

100_1089.jpg
Here is Hilda, Joan, Rebecca and Jay.

Fest pictures will follow.

Thanks Everyone.

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Mike:

It was fun sharing the ride up & back with you (yes, I did make it the rest of the way home in time for Mass)...You are right that John & Joan were GREAT hosts on Thursday...and Hilda's support for John's "Fest Idea" was fantastic (I'm not sure who enjoyed it more...John or Hilda)...it was one of, if not the most enjoyable EggFests I have been to (and I think this was number 23 for me)...the cooks were very helpful and responsive to all the questions and the tasters were very polite getting their taste buds satisfied...almost ready to head back that way

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Beautiful place. WOW
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    It was great seeing you again buddy.Glad to hear that y'all made it home safe ;) I think that I need a little nap before bedtime :whistle: I am wore out :pinch:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Maravilloso!!!!!!!
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Mike,
    First, I'm so glad you and Jay made it home safe and sound. Thank you both for making that trek all the way up here! Your help Friday while we were trying to get set up was very much appreciated. You have no idea how happy I was to see you two excellent and experienced eggers arrive. Thank you for being here with your most excellent support.......luv ya', man!! :lol:
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Wow, so pretty! I want to live there. What is the downside? Heat in the summer? Bugs? Tornadoes?

I was so meant to be an east coaster. I can't believe I've been stuck on the west coast my whole life and now with no hope of ever leaving. :angry: