Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

blooming onionzaa

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few weeks ago I was in the supermarket picking up a few things & came across Louisiana Chicken Fry. I’ve always wanted to try this but didn’t think it was available here, so I bought a bag to do some chicken. Fast forward to yesterday, I was rummaging around in the cabinet at home trying to find something to crunch on & came across this jar of ‘Blossoming Onion Sauce’ (obviously a knockoff of Outback’s blooming onion sauce), apparently the wife recently made one of those impulse buys last time she was shopping :ohmy: . Anyway, as soon as I saw the sauce I thought the chicken fry might work in place of whatever they put on the onion at Outback. Not wanting to sit down & eat an entire deep fried onion anyway, I figured I’d do a micro-batch & use it as a pizza topping, drizzling the sauce on in place of traditional tomato sauce.

The Blooming Onionzza:

The fry:

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

Try not to eat them all while cooling off:

041.jpg

The pie:

052.jpg

The sauce:

035.jpg