Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

60 day dry aging epilogue a.k.a. WOWSER!!!

RRPRRP Posts: 13,281
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Recently I had reported finishing a 60 day aging of a 16# rib eye sub-primal which looked like this after removing from the DrybagSteak bag.
IMG_2183.jpg

As promised here's my report from last night's superb meal - oooops I already gave away the results, didn't I? :laugh:

Well I selected this 3" chunk that weighted in at 1 pound 10 ounces.
IMG_2190.jpg

Then I hot tubbed it in 115° water in a small Thermos cooler for 75 minutes. Then after rubbing the meat with kosher salt and a favorite homemade rub I roasted it indirect at a 300° dome temperature until it reached 124° internal which took about 35 minutes. BTW when the meat went on it was 93° internal from the hot tub process.

At that point I removed the meat, foiled it and waited about 5 minutes to get my dome temp up to 550 and climbing and did a reverse sear until my Thermapen said the meat was 134°. Then onto the cutting board.
IMG_2191.jpg

A sharp knife through the middle revealed these two tasty slabs were ready for our dining enjoyment and were they GREAT! Very fork cutting tender!
IMG_2195-1.jpg

Heretofore I thought I was a 45 day snob, but now I'm a 60 day snob! :laugh:
Ron
Dunlap, IL

Comments