Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Morning after.......

egretegret Posts: 4,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All I can say is wow and double wow!!! What a great response and turnout we had at our inaugural fest. We don't have final figures yet, but, we think we had close to 400 "walk-ins" along with 345 registered tasters. The cooks, while numbering in the mid 50's, more than pleased the crowd. Many of us had food left over so we were well prepared for whatever they wanted to throw at us! :laugh: The North GA Eggers were there in force along with many other incredible cooks and they were the heart and soul of this event with all their experience and knowledge and my heartfelt thanks go out to all of you. You guys are the ones that "make" a fest and you, literally, outdid yourself this time.
Kim Youngblood (vidalia1) conducted a BGE 101 class and Mike Storno (Pork Butt Mike) did one on chicken wings. Both of these were over-the-top successful! :ohmy: We put 20 chairs out for the classes and there turned out to be 75-80 people in attendance and they stayed around asking questions for 2 1/2 hours! You two spent a lot of time preparing for these classes and all I can say is : THANK YOU!!
The dealer sold out all the eggs they brought and had to go back to the store and get more. They even sold the burn-in egg I use for the demo cooks at the dealer's store! :ohmy: Their stock is nearly zero now on just about everything.
I always thought the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds would be a perfect place to have a fest and I think, judging from all the comments, many others thought so too! :lol:
Well, on to a critique meeting with my committee next week and planning for the 2nd annual GA Mountain Eggfest May 18th and 19th, 2012! :woohoo: Mark your calendars........it's gonna be bigger and better next year!!

Comments