Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The nicest compliment!

FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
edited 9:21AM in EggHead Forum
So after living in our home for three years with our eggs, our neighbor asks me yesterday...."so what are you cooking this weekend?"

After I tell her, she asks politely..."would you mind making a brisket for us?". Of course I said yes, and about 5 minutes later she brings out a brisket!

I asked how she likes it, and she says "just do it like you want, we know it always smells so good!"

Just thought I'd share a very nice compliment! :)

fc ;) :P :lol:
·

Comments

• The only shocking part is that it took her three years to ask!
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,517
    That is indeed a fine compliment!
    ·
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    That is a great compliment. Wish you were my neighbor on the days I'm too tired to cook :)
    ·
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    Then she comes over an hour later...."Is it done yet?" LOL. Sorry. Not yet.
    ·
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    NC-CDN wrote:
    Then she comes over an hour later...."Is it done yet?" LOL. Sorry. Not yet.

Thankfully, after three years, she knows it's done when it's done!

Just put the brisket on a little while ago. It's a small flat; shouldn't take too longl :whistle:

fc
    ·
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    That is way cool - thanks for sharing
    ·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Nice! I've read posts where folks battle their neighbors about the smoke. Its a great compliment, the heck with fences, good cookin' makes good neighbors.
    ·
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    Thanks! Just cruizin' along at 250 dome, brisket's @ 147, just put some country style ribs on, too! Life is good!

fc
    ·