Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The ribs keep getting better

wkygriller
wkygriller Posts: 408
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Each time I do the CWM ribs they seem to get easier and tastier..
Last night did them with a lot of hickory smoke, red eye express rub and finished with a mix of blues hog and KC masterpiece hot and spicy. (I couldn't resist a small taste before pulling :whistle: )
102_5000.jpg

Awesome smoke ring
102_5002.jpg

Plated with homemade blue cheese coleslaw (that stuff is awesome) and corn
102_5004.jpg
I had made homemade short cake earlier to top with strawberries and fresh whipped cream, but we ended up eating too much for dinner and skipped desert.
Tonight will be my first attempt at lamb chops....wish me luck

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    It all looks really,really tastee.Tell me more about this Blue Cheeze Coleslaw. :huh: Good luck with the lamb chops. :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    yes cough up about the slaw!! :huh:
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Everything looks great Richard. I will have to agree with Hoss in that I too am curious about the blue cheese coleslaw. ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Got this from food network.. I used bagged slaw instead of cabbage and carrots.
    ingredients
    1/2 small head green cabbage
    1/2 small head red cabbage
    4 large carrots, scrubbed or peeled
    2 cups (16 ounces) good mayonnaise
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
    2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon celery salt
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled Roquefort blue cheese
    1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
    Cut the cabbages in half and then in quarters and cut out the cores. Set up the food processor with the slicing blade (according to manufacturer's instructions) and place the pieces of cabbage, one at a time, lying horizontally in the feed tube. (If they don't fit, cut them to fit lying down.) Place the feed tube pusher on top and turn on the processor. Don't push on the feed tube pusher or the slices will turn out too thick! Continue with the remaining red and green cabbage quarters. Transfer into a large bowl, discarding any very large pieces. Before you pour the dressing on the salad, save a handful of the grated vegetables to decorate for serving. Change the slicing blade for the large shredding blade and cut the carrots so they also lie down in the feed tube. Since the carrots are hard, replace the feed tube pusher and press firmly with the food processor on. Transfer to bowl with the cabbages. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, both mustards, vinegar, celery salt, kosher salt, and pepper. Pour enough mayonnaise dressing over the grated vegetables and toss to moisten well. Add crumbled blue cheese and parsley and toss together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to meld. Serve cold or at room temperature.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Great looking ribs Richard. :P Good luck on you cook this evening. You will be fine. ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Richard, They look very good. Nice color on the inside.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE