Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

The nicest compliment!

FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
edited 11:57AM in EggHead Forum
So after living in our home for three years with our eggs, our neighbor asks me yesterday...."so what are you cooking this weekend?"

After I tell her, she asks politely..."would you mind making a brisket for us?". Of course I said yes, and about 5 minutes later she brings out a brisket!

I asked how she likes it, and she says "just do it like you want, we know it always smells so good!"

Just thought I'd share a very nice compliment! :)

fc ;) :P :lol:

• The only shocking part is that it took her three years to ask!
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,776
    That is indeed a fine compliment!
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    That is a great compliment. Wish you were my neighbor on the days I'm too tired to cook :)
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    Then she comes over an hour later...."Is it done yet?" LOL. Sorry. Not yet.
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    NC-CDN wrote:
    Then she comes over an hour later...."Is it done yet?" LOL. Sorry. Not yet.

Thankfully, after three years, she knows it's done when it's done!

Just put the brisket on a little while ago. It's a small flat; shouldn't take too longl :whistle:

• Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    That is way cool - thanks for sharing
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Nice! I've read posts where folks battle their neighbors about the smoke. Its a great compliment, the heck with fences, good cookin' makes good neighbors.
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    Thanks! Just cruizin' along at 250 dome, brisket's @ 147, just put some country style ribs on, too! Life is good!