Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FL Eggfest report

Options
Trouble
Trouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonia and Larry did an outstanding job, and were still smiling at the end of the day. Truly amazing.[p]Thanks to them also for allowing me to use their large for a breakfast casserole. It ended up next to Bluesmoke's two casseroles, which was a good thing--there were some hungry people looking for breakfast food and we barely averted a riot.[p]I highly recommend cooking breakfast food (and starting it early) at future fests! Like great desserts, the dishes get scraped pretty well clean.[p]From a previous post, the blueberries and peaches were really great. Also, kudos to Devon and Ashleigh's grilled peach dessert. Really awesome and one of those dishes where the possibilities are endless. Look for the recipe when Bluesmoke compiles them all (thanks Bluesmoke!!!).[p]Unfortunately, I did not get to try too many dishes during the day--too busy cooking. I never even made it to the lower pavillion. My strategy next year will be a little different; more eating time is definitely in order. Mollyshark does a darned good sheep imitation. And I might be a lamb convert yet.[p]Oh--and I won the very first prize given away at the end. Mrs. Dogs sauces sure look good. Thanks, Julie and all the others who contributed prizes. [p]I'll send recipes for breakfast casserole, chicken pecan and pork tenderloin to Bluesmoke. [p]Later (yawn).

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Trouble,[p]It was great finally getting to meet you after all the posts and emails! Glad you had fun, even if you didn't get to wander around much. [p]I think that's a mistake we all make with these Fests. You get so excited about cooking up all these GREAT recipes, and end up working so hard you don't get any time to relax and try everything else out. I keep saying that "next year I'm going to cook less and relax more". I think this year was the first time I actually did it![p]Tonia
    :~)[p]