Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First try at a Rib Roast in a Salt Crust

BenCourBenCour Posts: 62
edited 4:15PM in EggHead Forum
Hello,

It's been a long time since I haven't posted here so I tought I would share this one. Yesterday, based on Little Chef post a while ago, I decided to give a try to a Rib Roast in a Salt Crust. It was only for me, my wife and the 2 kids so the roast is pretty small but here it is in picture

I mixed white yolk, salt and Montreal Steaks spices
IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

I covered the rib roast with the mixture
IMG_1635.jpg

And finally, here is the final product
IMG_1642.jpg

I pulled it out at 110 and let it rest 20 min in foil.
It came out pretty good and was very moist. Sides were too salty but I just had two remove a very thin slice and that was it.

Ben
·

Comments

• LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
    I also tried it with mixed results....frankly, the egg, with a little mesquite, slow roast and then hit it on high for a crust at the end does such an incredible job I dont think I would try the salt thing again....but rib roast on the egg is a pretty amazing cook!!!!
    ·