Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So 6pm came and went? Meet & Greet?

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It has been quite awhile since we did an online meet and greet and we have a ton of new eggers! With almost 25,000 people here we have quite a crowd, so who is left after 6 pm last night? and who and where and what and how long? or maybe if you are more of a lurker and do not want to post, PLEASE just go to your profile and at least give your state so we have some idea where you are. this is helpful in so many ways. we do not want your phone # and SS # or fist born. LOL I will start it off!
I'm Julie and live in Maine half the year ad FL the rest. our eggs are split between our two places. love old cars and truck and egging. I am Rug Hooker and design and sell supplies needed to make your own hand hooked rugs. Hubby, Neil is a Poolboy/auto buff and jack of all trades :0
I love helping new eggers get started and discover why we really think this is a life style change :whistle:
So who are you and where are you from?

Comments

• James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Well I'm James, I'mBritish and live in the UK (despite the forum changing it back to US whenever I change it). I have some family in Massachussetts and really must go and visit them!
    I grew up on the south coast (UK - Hampshire / Dorset) and started my working life in London.
    I used to live in rural Shropshire with a house in Scotland with a medium egg at each. Now I live in Scotland, in the National Park.
    I am married with two young children. I love cooking with live fire and my family put up with it, even encourage it sometimes, in fact I'm feeding them some egged salmon at present, recipe from tvwb.
    Ceramic cookers are almost unheard of here in the UK, though everyone always asks what on earth my kamado is (apart from a White elephant) and I also have a very nice Weber kettle along with some other bits and bobs. OK now you see the extent of my obsession I'd better stop.
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Good idea, Julie. I'm from Wernersville, PA and bought my first Egg in 2008. I never really cooked at all before getting my egg. Now I have 2 LBGEs and a small egg at home, and a medium egg at my hunting camp in Potter Co., PA. I probably average cooking dinner 2 times a week, more often when the weather is nice :P . I've learned almost all I know about cooking through the Forum and with the help of the many friends I've made Egging. :) I have a real estate partnership with a doctor and we own and lease out medical office space. 4 kids, 2 grandkids.
    Brian
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Good idea Julie.

I am Spring Chicken aka Leroy from Spring Texas, a burb of Houston, where my Sweetie, aka Spring Hen, aka Madam, and I operate The Chicken Ranch, home of The Chicken Coop, with its assortment of fun-loving 'girls' named Lily Large, Shirley Small and Maggie Mini. The Girls all love to entertain both male and female guests at the Chicken Ranch and sometimes on the road. The Madamm and I keep things lively but under control most of the time.

We are currently in Athens, Texas finishing up a conference of Eggheads, assembled to release some of the pressures of being Eggheads. There was food in abundance, along with a wide range of beverages. It was all good.

Friendships were renewed and new ones created, with promises of gathering again within the year.

Oh, and we have intentions of attending as many Egghead events as possible in our final years on this planet.

Spring "Me In The Feathers" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Good idea Julie ... I've noticed how many 'new' eggheads are popping up here lately. My wife and I (Joel and Erin) have been egging for about 4 years. Our favorite joint hobby is cooking so we've been doing more and more stuff with it. Attending more eggfests, started a food blog, dabbled in KCBS BBQ Competitions .... you name it!

We are the proud owners of 4 eggs and a chiminea. Live in the Annapolis MD area and are always looking for an excuse to cook!

Joel
  • N.E. Egger
    N.E. Egger Posts: 39
    Hi everyone. My name is Glenn and I've had my xl just over a month now and have cooked on it almost every day. I live in Raynham,MA which is about halfway between Boston and Providence,Ri.
    Glenn
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I am Mickey. Live in Salado, Tx (with Linda) and work in Killeen (next door to Fort Hood).
    Have a Lg / Sm & Mini that we cook on.
    With Spring Chicken we put on the Salado Egghead Gathering in March.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• crzyedna
    crzyedna Posts: 56
    Good idea Julie. I have been around "eggs" for about 15 years when my son - grillmandan - became a dealer in Fla. I had a mbge in Fla. when I was down there winters. Now spend most of my time in Downeast Maine, near Acadia Nat'l Park. I now have a lgbge and cook year round, even when there are 10 - 15" snowfalls. Attending eggfests has really taught me many new ways to use the egg. The best teacher is "maineegg" !!

Edna
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    I am Bubba Tim, Hero of Small Cats and Defender of Undersized Lobsters. :woohoo: Bought my first egg in June of 96. It has traveled all around the states and to Koera and back. Currently cooking up a storm in Davie, Fl. Organizer of the Sunshine State Eggfest, one of the only fests by eggers, for eggers, which was the original concept of Bill Miller back in 1998. Presenter of the Bubba Tim Carnivore Meat Dish Award and all around egghead. Husband of Little Chef. I have been Queing for over 45 years and smoked my first brisket at 12. What a disaster! It came out dry and tough. I have gotten better over the years. Hobbies are High Power F-Class rifle and ranked as a High Master. Fishing when I make the time. I have been working in the financial service sector for 25 years after leaving the Army. Currently working on a video of Egghead Faces and How this all started. btw. If you want to be in this video, pls send me your pic to bubba@bubbatim.com.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    ......transversal reporting in from southeast Louisiana from the town of Metairie, right outside the Big Easy. Rature time came and went, and my egg chugged along at 250* and cooked my brisket like Mad Max had never been born. What a clown!! I'm so glad it's brisket day!! :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    I'm the one your mother warned you about :whistle:

Lifetime member of team hardcore and cooker of large beef products,,,think I'm compensating for something? :laugh:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I am Hoss.I live in Xtreme Northwest Mississippi,just South of Memphis TN.I have a Large BGE with no gasket.I like to joke around on this forum and cook on my egg.I am in the construction/real estate business and also like to grow things in the garden.BTW,if you will cook some 'Loney on your egg and post a pic I will send you an "Official" 'Loney pin. :laugh: :)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Hi, I am Joan and I am an assimilated Aggie living in the heart of Bevo-land.
    Lifelong smokers we were introduced to the eggsperience by Bob at BBQ Outfitters. Lloyd (the quieter half) and I have a SBGE and LBGE expecting a new arrival, the mini, on my brithday :laugh: .
    Hobbies are cooking for friends and family, bicycling, music and introducing the Egg to fellow foodies.
    I joined the forum because no matter the question or problem someone has the answer and is willing to help ..... and it is a fun group too. :laugh: ;)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I'm Village Idiot, but in real life, quite the opposite is true. I'm a very modest and shy guy, but for some reason, chicks dig me. I'm quite the "chick magnet". I can tell by the way they turn their heads away when they see me approaching on the street, so that they don't give themselves away.

Also, I am a great debater. I can win an argument against anybody on any subject any time. For that reason, people steer clear of me at eggfests and parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• cactus rib
    cactus rib Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm Gary in Arizona. I retired here four years ago after living in Georgia. I had one of the original "red" green eggs around 1985. The original store was about a block off my route home from work. I purchased a new large green egg here in Arizona and have enjoyed trying new recipies. Hope to attend an Eggfest some day.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: GOOD ONE! :)
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Great Idea Julie! Hi I'm Kendell, my wife Rhonda and I have been Q'n and grilling for 20+ years, found about the egg in 2007, and bought our first large in 2008. we now have 2 larges, and are lovin life. I am a very soon to be ( june 17th) retired firefighter, and Rhonda works for a non-profit. We enjoy the forum, and have had a blast at the fests we've attended ( OKC and Springfield), hope to meet more of y'all in the future
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    I'm Gwen and live on the south end of Whidbey Island in Washington State. We moved here in 2001 from the Calif Bay Area where I was born and raised.

I bought our first large BGE about 5 years ago as a father's day gift for my husband, who liked to bbq. He has used it a few times since. :angry: We also have a second large BGE which I bought to keep at our local farmer's market one summer when I was a hot food vendor. That turned out to be more work than income, so now that egg is at home with our other egg.

We have 3 sons, one of whom keeps asking for the 'extra' egg. (Like that's gonna happen.)

I started the PNW eggfest a few years back, brought on sponsors and ran it with them for 2 years. Now it is run solely by the PNW egg distributor and I just attend and cook.

I love to cook and entertain. Inside I cook on an Aga. Deciding between the Aga and the egg is always difficult! I also read a lot and love tv and movies. I volunteer on Tuesday nights as ticket taker at our quaint hometown movie theater (www.theclyde.net). I used to love gardening but that was before we bought a large piece of landscaped property and it became more work and less fun.

I'm a licensed court reporter in both Calif and Wash. I took a number of years off after we moved here but am going back into the field now since we have two expensive kids in college. I also work as freelance floral designer part-time.

We have 5 chickens, a cat, a golden retriever and are expecting our first grandchild in October, which I know will be a boy because no girls are ever born into my husband's family.