Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buying a egg?

Options
Opti
Opti Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am wanting to buy egg? Is worth the money? Love ppl feed back

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Read through the forum, it is a life changer...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I pined for an Egg for 9 years before had the extra cash to buy one. Had I known how much I would love it, how good it would be for my soul, i would have done it years sooner.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    YES :)
    Nuff Said......
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    You should get a large and some lump and go home and cook some of the best food you ever ate. Now go get one!
  • Turk
    Turk Posts: 114
    Options
    There is no question. It is the best purchase you will ever make in the culinary area. I cook on my large almost every day and will be getting a mini tomorrow. My wife and I have both lost a lot of weight on the diet of plain good food. You can do on the egg anything you can do on the stove, in the oven or in a broaster (sic?). absolutely nothing like it. Buy a large for your first egg. You will also need the plate setteer and the tool and grill gripper and not much else.
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    I have owned more grills in my life than I can remember. Always wanted an Egg, but couldn't make myself spring for the tab. My bride gave me one for Christmas. I have enjoyed it more than any material gift I have ever received. Yes, it's worth the money. Properly cared for, you'll never have to buy another grill........except I already have the itch for another large. Don't do what I did.....don't wait too long. You're missing out on way too much fun and spectacular dining, not to mention the fun of sharing your culinary successes with the folks on this site. It's a great group here, and you'll get sufficient help and advice to get yourself going in a great past time. You only go around once.........
  • FSM-Meatball
    FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
    Options
    Worth every penny. Best food you will ever make.
  • BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    Options
    Don't even hesitate. I bought my first a few weeks ago and it is the best cooking item I have ever owned. I am mad that when I bought the $1400 stainless monster at BBQ galore years ago that he didn't push me to the EGG. It seems the stainless grill has now become a really big and expensive tool holder for the EGG. :evil:
  • No Cal Brian
    Options
    When I was shopping for a new grill a few years ago, I'd go into my local BBQ galore and they tell me that when they cook for themselves in the back of the store, it's always on the egg. Yet the eggs are always buried in the way back behind the shiny giant stainless steel grills. Kinda makes you wonder why they put their favorite grills in the back. Ended up buying an egg from an egg-only dealer (shout out to Smitty in Santa Clara!).

It is the best cooker out there, but I am biased.
  • Amy S.
    Amy S. Posts: 70
    Options
    :P I received mine this week. It is sitting in the back yard, waiting to be assembled, probably later today.

Even if you would decide that you didn't like it - they are easily re-sold.

I was told to go with the large and I did.