Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

which dizzy pig on brisket? going on early morning

LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
edited 6:35AM in EggHead Forum
I've settled on the Dizzy Dust coarse and the Red Eye Express.(One for each brisket)

What sort of success have people had using either?

Or is there dp rub that takes the cake with brisket?

thanks for your input.
context is important :)
·

Comments

• transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    I'd like to hear the answers to that one as well, in that I'm gonna be dressing one for the prom shortly. I'm between trying DP coarse for the first time on the brisket and using my standby, which is Bayou Barq.
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Red Eye would be the one I would reach for first..but I also haven't won any competitions..that said..I haven't entered any competitions..ya might wanna try half and half..one on one end the other on the opposite..we all like different things..
    ·
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Cow lick - did one last week with cow lick - outstanding.
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    thanks for the input.

I am cooking up two. One will have the coarse dizzy dust, and the other with the red-eye express

maybe I'll get a 3rd and throw some cow lick on it...

and call it a brisket buffet :lol:
    context is important :)
    ·
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    Heavy coat of CowLick with a coat of brown sugar or sugar in the raw on top. It is very good!
    ·