Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Trex - Tenderloin steaks

Options
tbk420
tbk420 Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
imag0220zn.jpg

After a sear at 700, and 20 minute rest, back on to finish:

imag0221uq.jpg

So good -

imag0222wd.jpg

imag0223x.jpg

I love my Egg - I can never go back!

Comments

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Mmmm....Filet, my favorite! And you nailed my "just this side of Medium" look. Second guessing my two spatchcocks that are cruising along right now.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks good! Suggestion for the sear next time... either 1) throw the steaks directly on the lump or 2) get a small grid that can be placed on the lump or 3) get a spider and a small grid that can be near the lump. That way, you can do what you did without having to go any higher than 400° dome. Like this...

4712626315_f0278f8487_b.jpg

4713265284_c67908d128_b.jpg

Then finish on the normal grid...
    4713265374_dda7350be6_b.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tbk420
    Options
    Interesting, Micheal - I'll try that.

I did use the Spider legs down, and 13 inch CI grate. You can see it in one of the pics.
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    Very nice! Your asking yourself, why didn't I buy this egg a long time ago?
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • tbk420
    Options
    Kentucky Wildcat Fan wrote:
    Very nice! Your asking yourself, why didn't I buy this egg a long time ago?
    :laugh:

You know me so well!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hmm, I didn't notice the spider in the pics. Legs appear to be up, btw. In any case, burning lump is very hot. If you get the meat close enough, you don't need to get the dome temp so high. Saves lump, saves time.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    for me that looks perfect!
    context is important :)
  • ChuggaBrew
    ChuggaBrew Posts: 57
    Options
    Did you even need a knife? :laugh:
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Fantastic!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.