Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low Profile Castors

Options
eggtopia
eggtopia Posts: 91
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a source for low profile castors? I'd like to put my table on wheels. I would like to not have it raised much and I would like to avoid cutting the legs down. I'd like 4 castors so that I can move the table in any direction. Which wheels will raise the table the least?

P5100024.jpg

Thanks,

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    If you go to Fastenal or some such you should find a variety of casters. I have seen side mount ones that you could get almost zero elevation change with.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Or, you could install horizontal cross members between the front and back legs on each side to which you could install the casters of your coice, depending on how high you raise the cross members and how large you want the casters to be.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    as the old saying goes if you can't find what you want here they don't make them! :laugh:
    http://www.castercity.com/products.htm
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    That looks like a pretty smooth tile floor your egg table is sitting on. If that is where it is going to live you might get away with the stick-on teflon funiture moving discs available in several sizes and at most any hardware store. They are no more than 1/4" thick :)
  • BG Egghead
    BG Egghead Posts: 10
    Options
    Prior to building my table, I read ALOT on the table forum and decided to go with HD quality wheels just in case I wanted to move my rig, hot or cold, and although they are not 'Pretty' I could probably drive my table to LA if I build up enough steam! P1010389.jpg
  • asianflava
    asianflava Posts: 313
    Options
    I had to cut the legs down after I put mine on. I got ones with larger wheels (I think they are 5in) because larger wheels roll better.
  • valrune
    valrune Posts: 134
    Options
    I had small wheels on my table and I hated them. They got stuck on anything, and I only roll on concrete. If someone drew a line with a pencil it would get stuck on it!
    I replaced them with two stationary 5" greaseable castors on the egg end of the table and two swivel 5" greaseable castors on the other end. The table rolls so smooth and effortlessly and I can control where the table rolls in any direction with great stability.