Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Honey on my Butt!

Bubba's dadBubba's dad Posts: 97
edited 9:23AM in EggHead Forum
Does anyone ever put honey on their butt while it is cooking?

I was thinking about rubbing it like I normally do and then maybe part way through the cook brush some honey on it?

What do you think?
·

Comments

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Bubba's dad wrote:
    Does anyone ever put honey on their butt while it is cooking?

I was thinking about rubbing it like I normally do and then maybe part way through the cook brush some honey on it?

What do you think?

Sounds kinky..... :evil:
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
    A butt rub is a butt rub :ohmy: :whistle:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    maybe put the honey on when you pull and set in cooler for an hour or so. Just not sure how the honey would aborb the smoke on the back end of the cook. can always to a small part of the butt for a test section. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    Amongst other things.....
    ·
  • :evil:
    My first thought, too :whistle:
    Butt would take a nibble :woohoo:
    ·
  • boston_stokerboston_stoker Posts: 794
    I put honey on instead of sugar. It will definitely give you a dark bark. It doesn't burn up, it just sucks up the smoke. I plan to add it later on my next cook instead of at the beginning to see if I can get the butt to come out more red or brown (the color of my rub).

Note, although my butts have been very black, they were all quite delicious, including the bark.
    ·