Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Made from scratch chicken soup pic heavy

2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I posted I needed to make made from scratch chicken noodle soup for a very sick friend Margaret Chaffin and her husband Jim. Jim is staying home taking good care of her. Margaret as you know is a cancer patient again for the second time in two years for two separate illnesses.

This morning Cindy and I set out to make chicken soup per lowercase bill. Thanks lowercase bill! ;)

I was going to make some real potato rolls from a recipe I got from Grandpas Grub but, I think I will do that tomorrow. Thanks Kent :)

We picked up 2 2.5 pound chicks and I riped the skin off of one so it would take on some smoke flavor per Jethro Bodine. Thanks Stikeman. :)

I dusted them with Tasty Licks Mellow Yellow. Good stuff. ;) I grilled them till the breast came to 180F IT.

100_3545.jpg

Then I took them straight to the stock pot with a couple of gallons of H20 and carrots and celery and onions and a little S&P.

100_3546.jpg

We simmered until the meat began to fall off the bone about 3 hours.

100_3551.jpg

Then we took everything out of the stock pot and took the chicken off the bones and tossed the used up veggies.

100_3550.jpg

100_3553.jpg

We divided the chicken stock about 2 quarts each and made a batch of plain chicken noodle soup with a few carrots for my friend who need to eat this nourishment.

100_3549.jpg

100_3556.jpg

Right after I took the chicks off the egg I setup for searing hamburgers for my friend Jim.

I grilled 8 and took Jim 4 with buns. :)

100_3547.jpg

100_3548.jpg

Next we turned to Village Idiot for a Chicken and dumpling recipe. Thanks Village Idiot. :)

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1091792&catid=1

Let me tell you this stuff is great! :P

We added 2 quarts to our 2 quarts and made some dumplings along with the chicken and carrots and celery and onions and garlic...

100_3558.jpg

I rolled out the dough and sliced the dough with my pizza cutter. ;)

100_3559.jpg

And plunked them in to the simmering chicken soup.

100_3560.jpg

Here is one of 4 bowls I ate. This stuff is better than anything... :P :P :P

I couldn't believe how good this stuff is. :woohoo: :pinch: :silly:

100_3561.jpg

Comments