Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Made from scratch chicken soup pic heavy

2Fategghead
2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I posted I needed to make made from scratch chicken noodle soup for a very sick friend Margaret Chaffin and her husband Jim. Jim is staying home taking good care of her. Margaret as you know is a cancer patient again for the second time in two years for two separate illnesses.

This morning Cindy and I set out to make chicken soup per lowercase bill. Thanks lowercase bill! ;)

I was going to make some real potato rolls from a recipe I got from Grandpas Grub but, I think I will do that tomorrow. Thanks Kent :)

We picked up 2 2.5 pound chicks and I riped the skin off of one so it would take on some smoke flavor per Jethro Bodine. Thanks Stikeman. :)

I dusted them with Tasty Licks Mellow Yellow. Good stuff. ;) I grilled them till the breast came to 180F IT.

100_3545.jpg

Then I took them straight to the stock pot with a couple of gallons of H20 and carrots and celery and onions and a little S&P.

100_3546.jpg

We simmered until the meat began to fall off the bone about 3 hours.

100_3551.jpg

Then we took everything out of the stock pot and took the chicken off the bones and tossed the used up veggies.

100_3550.jpg

100_3553.jpg

We divided the chicken stock about 2 quarts each and made a batch of plain chicken noodle soup with a few carrots for my friend who need to eat this nourishment.

100_3549.jpg

100_3556.jpg

Right after I took the chicks off the egg I setup for searing hamburgers for my friend Jim.

I grilled 8 and took Jim 4 with buns. :)

100_3547.jpg

100_3548.jpg

Next we turned to Village Idiot for a Chicken and dumpling recipe. Thanks Village Idiot. :)

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1091792&catid=1

Let me tell you this stuff is great! :P

We added 2 quarts to our 2 quarts and made some dumplings along with the chicken and carrots and celery and onions and garlic...

100_3558.jpg

I rolled out the dough and sliced the dough with my pizza cutter. ;)

100_3559.jpg

And plunked them in to the simmering chicken soup.

100_3560.jpg

Here is one of 4 bowls I ate. This stuff is better than anything... :P :P :P

I couldn't believe how good this stuff is. :woohoo: :pinch: :silly:

100_3561.jpg

Comments