Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mancrush on my FedEx guy today...

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
An essential ingredient for the correction of my BBQ fix:

eab57acb.jpg

My local HEB used to be my "dealer" for my addiction, but they stopped carrying it. Figured I'd buy enough to make the shipping costs worthwhile....appeared just in time for some ribs this weekend as my college roommate and his bride are coming over!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Brad - have you ever mixed the two together? That's my favorite way because it is not so sweet and the vinegar base thins it perfectly - in my opinion :-)

Judy (on Leroy's computer)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what's not to love.

GG
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    Spring Chicken wrote:
    Brad - have you ever mixed the two together? That's my favorite way because it is not so sweet and the vinegar base thins it perfectly - in my opinion :-)

Judy (on Leroy's computer)

First time to get some TN Red, but I will definitely try that!! I always thin the regular with 50/50 apple juice/cider vinegar for the very same reasons....but I like all the black pepper I'm seeing in the TN red.

What ratio do you use Judy?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Brad just send both up to Salado and will mix for you.
    Be glad to send back any not spilled :woohoo:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Brad, I don't know the ratio. It's just til it's the right thickness I like.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    I guess I will have to order from them too. Thanks for the mixing tip Judy
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    I know that HEB (corner of 71 and Bee Cave Rd). If they'd quit stocking so many UT t's and sweatshirts, they'd have room for the Blues Hog. :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Austin Smoker
    Options
    Village Idiot wrote:
    I know that HEB (corner of 71 and Bee Cave Rd). If they'd quit stocking so many UT t's and sweatshirts, they'd have room for the Blues Hog. :laugh:

That's MY HEB! LOL.

They never carried it though, had to go to the one on the other side of Mansfield Dam....but alas, no more.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    If my fed ex guy was as genteel and buff as Fidel, and as witty and diminutive as little steven, and his body was girlish and hairless like zippy's, I'd have a crush on him too.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante