Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking for the Rapture?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    None shall pass.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Funny how so many people think that's an insult when they say it

I still manage to put in a solid four hour day.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • as a jew, and one of god's chosen people. ...i'm still gonna be around come monday, so all of you christians, feel free to send me all of your money, silver and gold....i have it on pretty good authority that all the banks are owned by jews, so they will be open on monday too, and i'm pretty sure my mailman is a budhist, so i'm also confident that my mail will arrive even if you send me your money tomorrow!!!...

some come on one and all, send your money to me, you won't be needing it anymore...

oh yeah, been nice knowing you all!! :whistle:
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    vidalia1 wrote:
    It is supposed to begin about 6PM EST...that will ruin the afterparty at the GA Mtn Fest....oh well at least we will end it near our beloved Big Green Eggs and with great friends...if I gotta go.... ;):)B)

This might be a good thing. All of the boring peeps should be gone by 7 and then the real partying can begin.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    BUY YOUR WAY INTO HEAVEN, NO RELIGION NEEDED.

RESERVE YOUR SPOT IN HEAVEN NOW.

SPACE IS LIMITED, RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW
    100 PERCENT GUARANTEE OR YOUR MONEY BACK

http://www.reserveaspotinheaven.com/

i take paypal ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    I'm not going to bag on the religions but will say......your title is keeping with....spoken like a true government employee........sorry dude that was a softball right down the middle, just had to hit it out :silly: .......t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • LOL....except i'm not a gov't employee!...i'm a gov't contractor (don't know if thats any better or not)...

but tom, given the rich sinner that you are, you can send your money right now!! i know for sure there is a huge bolt of lightening (and probably a flood to make sure) headed your way!!!
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Little Steven wrote:
    Really eh? Can't believe the planning. It's a long weekend here and Monday is the holiday.

Yeah. Sounds like you guys got hosed on this one. So do we all perish or can some of us continue to re-populate the planet? I'm still a bit confused on this whole thing. I saw an article that people were being paid over a hundred bucks to have their pets cared for after the big day. LOL. Good stuff.

This may not be the day either. It might be the one scheduled for next November or December 2012. Wait and see I guess.

Ribs sound good though.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    does inside or outside the beltway make a difference on employee or contractor.............

I'm catholic, couple our fathers here, few hail marys there and my sinner slate is clean. I think the pope is missing out on some type of advantage credit card program for sinners. Something like...for every dollar spent on your vatican city master card, earn points that can be redeemed toward confession repentance...........

all I have left is the liability side of the balance sheet.....you interested......
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Perhaps a bit of a nuance but I’m not so sure it’s said as an insult so much as a condemnation. You have too much time on your hands thus you must make changes such that you don’t have as much time to frolic… like the rest of us

And four hours, who are you kidding :lol:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    I have it on good authority (Texas Department of Public Safety) that it ain't gonna happen. If it was gonna happen they would not have issued me a new driver's license with an expiration date in May 2017.

Spring "I'm Not Fond Of Rapture Music" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Boy! When I miss a news event I really do it right and miss the big ones! Is this anything like the Boston Red Sox winning the world series? :huh:

10 Failed Doomsday Predictions I like the first one, "The Prophet Hen of Leeds". :lol:

Blair

• Those wacky Mayans! their clocks got messed up with the Y1K Millenium disaster.

I never had a rapture, but I had a hernia repair and was out of action for a few days. I didn't feel like cooking anything for it though....
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Filet of Soul, of course....
  • difference is, i'm not a civil servant, regardless of inside or outside the beltway...i work for a private company that just happens to do business with the gov't...big difference with being a gov't employee ....

and nope, not taking your liabilities, LOL....you can take that up with your maker on the way out the door saturday night!!! LOL
  • stike
    max... there are companies offering to take care of people's pets after the rapture, because pets don't go to heaven. must be prepaid in advance of course :laugh:

the problem with your scheme is that when everyone is gone, inflation will be rampant (all that money for the taking, everyone left is suddenly a millionaire), property values are going to drop with all those empty buidlings everywhere (just think, canterbury cathedral would make a great BGE store)

it won't be that easy
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    I'll be in Fenway to see the Sox Cubs....Hopefully there is a 4 hour rapture delay in Australia, making it possible to get the game in....If not I guess I'll already be in Hell in a seat that is way too small for the money I paid so I should finally get to meet you and Julie at that party...
  • stike, i'm sure my "tribe" will figure it out just fine!! . . .first thing, i'll go down to the local cadillac dealership (the one owned by the goyem), and "help myself". . .then with all that cash you others send me, i'll happilly pay my 200 bucks for a pastrami sandwich at the deli!!

oh trust me, given who will be left, it will be plenty easy. ...we take care of our selves!!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    stike wrote:
    If they don't take me, you can reach me at Stephen Hawking's after-party.

Too G.D. Funny......... :silly:

You might have to debone the ribs and run through the processor for Hawking.
  • stike
    sox/cubs, eh? nice!

though i think that is actually a sign of the apocalypse. cubs haven't played at fenway since 1918.
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    I know crazy...my F-I-L buys the 3rd row seats (over by the camera well near first) from a "friend" of his at the "friend" price...spends as much on about 20 games as you would on seasons tickets....but I'm not complaining...his dime.

crappy pitching matchup for the sox...Alceves vs. Zambrano...

I wonder if the sox fans will be clever enough to break out the 1918 chant the yankees fans used to use on us?
  • stike
    f8821a2a.jpg

Making moink balls. Lots of hickory smoke and soon to be glazed with cheap store bought sauce.
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    I was going to make some deviled ham and wait and see what happens.
  • SomedayMommy
    SomedayMommy Posts: 199
    What he said and what you just said are two of the funniest things I've read in a long time...
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    crghc98 wrote:
    I'll be in Fenway to see the Sox Cubs....Hopefully there is a 4 hour rapture delay in Australia, making it possible to get the game in....If not I guess I'll already be in Hell in a seat that is way too small for the money I paid so I should finally get to meet you and Julie at that party...

If you were a Cubs fan you'd already be in hell. :laugh:
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Aren't the original angels Jewish? Uh, pork ? :whistle:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Shut the front door, you cracker jack! :laugh:
  • Egglectic
    Egglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
  • Max,

As a Jew, and one of G-ds 'chosen' people, I didn't think a Jew could actually write G-ds name? :blink:
  • well, given that i'm a pork butt/spare rib/bacon eating denomination of the tribe, i go with a slightly different slant on the religion! LOL. ...

i've been dodging bolts of lightening, plagues and other signs of the ire of God (oops, there, i did it again) for years. ...its probably pretty amazing that he keeps inscribing me in the book of life every year....but i keep performing mitzvot all the time, so i must be keeping my slate fairly clean! ;)