Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking for the Rapture?

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had planned on an overnight cook of some shoulder, starting Saturday into Sunday. Does anyone know the timing of this thing? I mean, is it midnight? the moment it 'turns' Saturday, or is it at the END of Saturday? :ermm: And I guess it's too much to ask that if there IS an hour foretold, it is Greenwich Meant Time? ...or will it march around the globe like New Year's Eve does, everybody ascending at, say, 6pm their local time?

Maybe I'll just do ribs. Can you even bring food to heaven, (assuming they let me in)?

If they don't take me, you can reach me at Stephen Hawking's after-party.

(I'm cooking moink balls for a cubscout arrow of light ceremony. truth be told)
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Really eh? Can't believe the planning. It's a long weekend here and Monday is the holiday.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    Options
    Not sure what I am cooking yet, but plan on it being Well Done ;)
  • RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options
    It seems that New Zealand will be the first to see it. This will occur at 6pm their time (It will still be Friday in US). It will continue to march around the world, and should hit San Francisco at 6pm PST on Saturday. Got this info from various online news articles.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    It is supposed to begin about 6PM EST...that will ruin the afterparty at the GA Mtn Fest....oh well at least we will end it near our beloved Big Green Eggs and with great friends...if I gotta go.... ;):)B)
  • Kailas
    Kailas Posts: 146
    Options
    stike wrote:
    I had planned on an overnight cook of some shoulder, starting Saturday into Sunday. Does anyone know the timing of this thing? I mean, is it midnight? the moment it 'turns' Saturday, or is it at the END of Saturday? :ermm: And I guess it's too much to ask that if there IS an hour foretold, it is Greenwich Meant Time? ...or will it march around the globe like New Year's Eve does, everybody ascending at, say, 6pm their local time?

Maybe I'll just do ribs. Can you even bring food to heaven, (assuming they let me in)?

If they don't take me, you can reach me at Stephen Hawking's after-party.

(I'm cooking moink balls for a cubscout arrow of light ceremony. truth be told)

From what I read, we are only getting the music on the 21st of May. The real reconning will be Oct 21, 2011. So I believe that you have plenty of time to cook that last meal. That is of course, you don't have an earthquake and some dead bodies don't rise up right next to your BGE!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Inquiring minds want to know :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Going to cook some modified Juicy Lucys. Have gotten lots of good food ideas on our trip down Rte 66
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    From what I understand it is 6pm what ever your time is.. so it will progress around the world.. pretty sure I will be at that same party Stike.. I have coveted other peoples XL eggs.... that is right up there with their spouse isn't it???
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    I think it's supposed to be at 6:00 - 6:30 P.M. no matter where you are. Starts East and moves with the time zones to the west.

I'll probably cook something lite fairly early in the afternoon, so I won't be bloated and uncomfortable for the trip.

Looking forward to finally meeting you. Sure hope I'm not disappointed. ;)

Mike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,752
    Options
    does the rapture bring in a low or high pressure front, is the best fishing before, after, or during :) fishing all next week, so far theres top round, chuck, brisket, pork butt and a ham on the list ;) maybe a few salmon to round it off. thinking this over, its all going on visa
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    Wow, this really snuck up on me :blush:
    No wonder nobody is taking calls today :unsure:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Saved my first meal of that 60 day aged prime rib for the big event, but won't be eating it until later that night! But no fear as the predicted end of the world is 5 months later on October 21st...therefore youse people who planned to stiff your bank on your mortgage this month better not!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    one hotdog over direct heat served on a bun with yellow mustard
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    you're going to feel really stupid when this all goes down
  • EggerFromIowa
    EggerFromIowa Posts: 181
    Options
    I'll be doing some chicken wings. gotta start early though, as I cook to temp not time. :evil:
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Main Egg wrote:
    I have coveted other peoples XL eggs.... that is right up there with their spouse isn't it???
    It is either right there or just right above it. ;) :laugh: :)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I have a poster to answer for :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    Options
    stikes going to look really stupid too with his ...I AM GOD... t shirt on when it all goes down :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    they should set up an online web cam
    fukahwee maine

• Fidel
    Options
    He looks stupid in that anyway
  • stike
    Options
    I have it on inside information that you should be "as god made you" when it happens. I say, to be safe, at 5:59, take off all your clothes and run out into the open.
  • stike
    Options
    i like the fact that it is local time. because it gives all the nonbelievers time to repent when we see it happen a few hours ahead of us. Pity the poor New Zealanders caught unawares, though.
  • stike
    Options
    you can't go. you still have all those tools on back-order
  • stike
    Options
    dude. i wonder if it will pick up your whole boat? that would be cool. like my pumpkin

tractor_beam_small.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I was there for the millennium. They were disappointed then so they are prolly looking forward to this.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    Options
    Who kept the Billy Goats Gruff from crossing the bridge in your absence?
  • Kailas
    Kailas Posts: 146
    Options
    stike wrote:
    dude. i wonder if it will pick up your whole boat? that would be cool. like my pumpkin

tractor_beam_small.jpg

I think you have way too much time on your hands.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    if i hook into that whale, it will be all worth it. one of abes nicknames is ahab, its all becoming clear to me now :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    Options
    i think the christians are getting it this weekend, and the mayans in october.

why could the mayans predict the end of the world, but couldn't foresee the spanish coming and destroying their culture long before?
  • stike
    Options
    half-shirts are coming back
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    You must not know a lot of the attendees for this fest. Either that or you freelance as a shock recovery therapist and are trolling for new clients.