Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

vegetarian?

redstripe
redstripe Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Though I am a proud carnivore,I have vegetarian family members. Please help me justify the cost!! What can you do special on a BGE?

Comments

• redstripe,
    Convert them. They will love the meat cooked on the egg. Other than that, get one anyway, and eat what you cook in front of them.

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    redstripe,
    So... how do they cook their veggies? You can stir fry, grill, and roast any veggy on the Egg. And baba ganouzh with Egg-smoked eggplant...outtasight![p]With the wide diversity of vegetarians, some of whom eat fish, some of whom eat eggs, etc., you can accomodate them to perfection as well.[p]HTH
    Ken

• LasVegasMac
    LasVegasMac Posts: 183
    redstripe, I cook most everything on the Twins. Taters, corn, veggie stir fry....the list is endless.[p]But you have not tasted heaven until you do a portabello 'shroom on the Egg. Tons of ways to do 'em.[p]...or corn on the cob...peel back the husk, put in some favorite spice and a little butter, re-wrap......[p]Man, I'm drooling like Homer Simpson thinking about donuts right now.[p]Pineapple slices..........[p]Oh yes......lots of veggie stuff to do on the BGE.[p]LVM

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning redstripe:[p]Here are a couple of pic of veggies I recently did for dinner one evening. The possibilities are endless.[p]P3100008.jpg[p]This was yellow squash and zuccinini, cut into bite size pieces, coated with olive oil and the Penzeys spice mix shown below. They marinated for about an hour before cooking.[p]P3100012.jpg[p]I'm not much of a veggie eater, but have found that there are some edible ones when prepared on the Egg![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL