Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Depressed

Options
Moegging
Moegging Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted a few days ago about purchasing an egg and was told that they would hold it till Saturday. The next day the backed out and sold it to someone else. I am so depressed about this because I have waited for years for this and someone goes against their word. I live in Springfield Missouri so if anyone knows of a good deal for a Medium or large please let me know thanks

Comments

• fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    That is a bummer Moegging, greed impatience or whatever gets the best of people. the dealer in Springfield has hosted an eggfest in september the past 2 years, I havent seen it on the board yet, you might check with them, eggfest prices are usually pretty good!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Find a local dealer in your area because they may have a demo egg they would sell. That way you will have a life time warranty. Wish you well because I would be very very sick if I didn't have an egg. :( :ermm:
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    wait for a nearby local eggfest and buy a demo egg and never deal with that shady dude again!.....
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    greed? impatience?

bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that.
  • Moegging
    Moegging Posts: 3
    Options
    Not when I offered to pay over paypal to hold it and they said that they will take my word because a persons word should be enough. Sorry just bitter
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I get your side too, but the internet is full of people that are "coming to pick it up this weekend". I've been burned more than once in similar situations, and maybe your seller has too.

You'll find one soon enough.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Where are you located? You may want to look at other dealers in your area or e-mail Atlanta to inform them of your plight. Pretty good company to deal with.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    not trying to start any kind of contest, but if the seller said he'd hold it, he should have, if he wanted first cash money, should have said that, just my thoughts.
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    I am in the dark. Was this through a dealer or private party ? If it were a dealer, as I would say F him. If it were a were a private party. then you are dealing with a total stranger who might be concerned about selling his EGG and not knowing if you would come around to buying it.

If you want to save some money, get an EGG through a Dealer, whether it be a new EGG or a Demo Egg from an EGGFEST. This way you get the Warranty. The EGG is like a Razor, you will need other accessories as well as Lump Charcoal and dealing with a very good dealer is just as valuable too.

Good luck. Look at it this way, it wasn't meant to be this time but your time will come soon.

Gary
  • SomedayMommy
    SomedayMommy Posts: 199
    Options
    Agree. The dealer should have taken the PayPal and marked it as sold. I am so sorry. Can he get in another for you?