Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help! SSN686 JJ's sauce

Options
Susan Egglaine
Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dad requested pulled pork BBQ for his birthday. I use a version of JJ's sauce but can not find my recpie anywhere. All the links are old and to not work but saw where you use this. I make a big batch at a time & told myself to put the recpie in a safe place. I DID!!! :blink:

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is the version I have, Jay may have a variation.

Sauce, BBQ, Vinegar, JJ's Favorite Q Sauce

INGREDIENTS:
    1 medium onion chopped
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    4 Tbs dark brown sugar
    2 cups cider vinegar
    2 Tbs paprika
    2 cups tomato juice
    2 tsp salt
    3/4 cup catsup
    2 tsp dry mustard
    1 cup water
    1/2 tsp chili powder

Preparation:
    1 Place onions and the rest of the ingredients into a sauce pan and simmer. Stiring often.
    2 Taste after 20 mins and adjust taste to suit you. The longer the simmer, the better the taste.
    3 Water has to be added while simmering to keep it from getting too thick.

Recipe Type
    Sauce

Recipe Source
    Author: JJ jgocek@airnet.net

Source: BGE Forum, JJ, 1999/02/15
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    hmmmm, I know it has lemon juice that I cut in half. I do not remember the tomato juice or onion but THANKS! It is kind of cross between vinegar & tomato, middle of the road type.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Susan:

Sorry I'm just now seeing this...been driving all day to get to the Georgia Mountain EggFest...but I don't have the recipe with me...I do know the one I use is different from what Richard posted (no onion, plus no heating of ingredients)...I'll look to see if I can figure it out or call my wife to have her post it...how quickly do you need it?

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Hey Jay,
    Have a blast at the Ga. fest, I know you will. We can get together when you get back. The birthday is this weekend, I will just wing it. ;) Kathy did not get to go? :(