Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT credit reporting agencies

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i thought they gathered info and sold it to those qualified and needing it when checking on an individual, found out yesterday they group you and send it out in mass mailings. one credit check and twenty something phone calls from different sources. stayed home sick yesterday listening to the phone ring and ring and ring, is that a new practice :ermm: thats not right
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I don't get many phone calls but I do get about three spams a day offering free credit checks. I do get calls offering to lower my credit card rates.
  • WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    sounds like it's time to get on the national do not call list
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Wayne is correct: national do not call list.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    Options
    but then you wont know that your info, all of it was sent to 10,000 mortgage brokers plus anyone else that wanted it. its good to know who is giving stuff out like that, for instance my maine fishing license was done on line last year, public info for the taking according to the state, the kittery trading post took the info and used the emails for their campaign, backfired immediately, was on every forum to email them or call and never do business with them again, all emails were retracted and a formal apology given by the trading post. the problem isnt my phone, its my info that pisses me off
    fukahwee maine

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    https://www.donotcall.gov/ takes care of it pretty quick. the other think Neil and I did that nipped in the bud FAST was took out the land line a year and a half ago :woohoo: we are cell phone only now and even here in very rural Maine we get great coverage. and NO annoying calls at all!
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I agree with that. I do not like my info being traded out there like that and shared. I have had a couple of companies in the rug hooking industry ask to buy our mailing list.. with over 5000 rug hookers on our email mailing list it is a very focused source of business. it is just not for sale. very simple. do onto others rule here LOL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    The credit companys (car / house)untill last year would not finance w/o land line and with so many people dropping land lines had to go cell only.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    Options
    i like my landline over the cell, cant stand the little phone :laugh: my cell doesnt work well next to the water, my house almost overhangs the lake. they sent this out to all the brokers because of one inquiry, i dont think any broker even asked for it
    fukahwee maine

• Mainegg
    Options
    I thought it would be a big deal getting used to it and it really wasn't. the big thing was getting the number changed at all the places it was listed. and we are not in the phone books any more. :whistle: we even went cell phone for our business this year. with splitting the year between fl and me and all it was very simple. for us as a micro tiny business it is easy to change. most business it would not work out well.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Not quite, but.. Any agency can get your info from the Big three Credit companies, TransUnion and such. They have a system that allows to use a search fuction to locate a certain type of canidate, thus your phone calls. You can send a letter to the big three and request no information to be revealed without you sigature. They have to obey, Its call the Opt-Out option. The big three only maintain the database and be accountable for its correctness.
    One thing , when the 'market' bounces back, this is the first indication of that happening. The mailings begin. When the market drops, they all pretty much stop coming.