Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokin'

Cpt'n Cook
Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The spares are on and the neighborhood is full of smoke, temp is getting to where it should be. The weather is cool and damp and not much wind so the smoke is hanging in the hood.
DSC_0284.jpg
Check out this brass bell I picked up at the Brimfield Flee market, it's going to look nice on the taff rail of the poop deck. The neighbors are going to love THAT too when I figure out how to mount it. Great buy at $50.
DSC_0286.jpg

Comments

• dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Is that a gnome in the distance lighting a weber?
  • berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    dugdbug wrote:
    Is that a gnome in the distance lighting a weber?
    LOL.
  • Cpt'n Cook
    It ain't me babe
  • jimi1234
    jimi1234 Posts: 101
    Hi,

As I am still new to egging, I have what may seem like a dumb question.

Should you have smoke like that for your entire cook? I was cooking for a bit under 6 hours (at about 250 dome). I had good smoke like that for the first couple hours but after that, I only had a small amount of smoke coming out for the rest of the cook.

Is that normal? I was using chips mixed up amongst my lump. I had the lump filled up the the top of the fire box where the fire ring starts.

Should I have used more wood chips? Would switching to chunks help?

Thanks!
    Jimi
  • Cpt'n Cook
    No, you don't have to have that much smoke for the whole cook. Mine is now just smoking gently and is nearing completion. I usually use chunks of wood and spread them out on top of the coals. Most of the smoke in the pic came from a handful of Hickory nut shells which make a huge amount of smoke for a short time.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Want to double your money on that bell??? :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Don, Love to see that! I must say your garden looks outstanding. Nice score on the bell, and can you show a close up of your egg handle?
    Happy eating!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    cookn biker wrote:
    ...can you show a close up of your egg handle?
    Happy eating!
    Its wrapped in Bacon. :cheer:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    BTW, Cpt'n Cook, your stand for your Egg looks gorgeous, do you have a thread here with details? (I'm a noob)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    NICE!! Gorgeous back yard there..just wondering, in the back right of the first pic....is that you burying your old Weber kettle? :laugh: :laugh:
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Is that a Lawn Ranger Handle? I've tried to have him make some BBQ tools for me but he's on sabbatical... :(
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Thanks, no thread but a few pics.
    Opener.jpg
    EggTable.jpg
    EggCart2.jpg
    Eggtable-1.jpg