Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cincinnati Egg Heads

fasteddiem
fasteddiem Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As a recent addition to the "Egg" life, I'm curious if there is a strong group of "Eggheads" in Cincinnati, OH? Are there any Cincinnati Egg events, and if so how can I be informed of what is scheduled?

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    fasteddiem, I'm up the road in Dayton. There are plenty of eggers in Southwest Ohio. Here's just a few area eggers: Bitslammer, WKRP Cincinnati, Capt Frank, dhuffjr, Ree Jay, Glousteau, vohsmk, Rick's Tropical Delight, Chief Chef, buzzmaster, smokeystover, Spatchcock, Grillsargeant, EGGRPh, Mark0525, mattrapp, Bill S, ChargeGuy, Paco, JohnQue, Kent Ohio and Fang (he's an egghead, he just doesn't know it yet).

There are no eggfests planned, but if I ever get my act together I might throw an impromptu gathering at my place. Probably a 50/50 chance of that happening. If it does, I'll post a notice.
  • CaptHowdy
    CaptHowdy Posts: 45
    I'm from Northern Kentucky. I'm only about 15 minutes from Cincy.

I just got my Egg today and haven't even got it set up yet.
  • CaptHowdy wrote:
    I'm from Northern Kentucky. I'm only about 15 minutes from Cincy.

I just got my Egg today and haven't even got it set up yet.

Well, quit posting here and get egging!
    :laugh:
  • Cincinnati here too. I should be getting mine soon (hopefully this weekend if they get them in). Looking forward to joining the fray!
  • rcplanefan
    rcplanefan Posts: 17
    I'll be in the market for a Father's Day egg this year. Where are you guys in Cincinnati buying them? Do they have to be ordered from the dealers, or do some have them in stock?
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    rc, welcome aboard! When in Cincy [I will be coming up thre in early June and staying into the fall] we live in North Bend, on the river about 6miles from the Indiana line.
    We have two eggs there and bought both of them from Wardway Fuels, corner of Bridgetown rd and Glenway.
    They are super nice folks and very knowledgeable about the Eggs. They always have several in stock and they cook out front of the store most Saturdays. Go see them. Tell them I sent you. :)

Ernie, Welcome Aboard! :)
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Hey, don't forget about me. In fact I'm heading to Springfield tomorrow for the flea market, and JJs this Saturday.
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Fireside Hearth and Home on Princeton-Glendale (Sprindale) should be able to hook you up. Great guys and great customers of my restaurant. I've had good success for Eggcessories at Watson's in Sharonville (They sell Eggs as well) Hope this helps!
  • valrune
    valrune Posts: 134
    I would like to add myself to that list, residing in the great metropolis of Enon,Ohio!!!
  • CaptHowdy
    CaptHowdy Posts: 45
    fasteddiem wrote:
    Fireside Hearth and Home on Princeton-Glendale (Sprindale) should be able to hook you up. Great guys and great customers of my restaurant. I've had good success for Eggcessories at Watson's in Sharonville (They sell Eggs as well) Hope this helps!

I bought mine at their Florence location. Nice experience.
  • Bulldog Mom
    Bulldog Mom Posts: 242
    We're in Central OH (just north of C-bus) but that's easily accessible to southern and/or northern OH. We would love to travel to an OH EGGFEST.