Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo3 or Adj Rig?

Options
Marine
Marine Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Trying to figure out what I should get for a setup for my Large Egg. I am leaning to the Adj Rig but which one of them? I am definitely going to get the Wok and Spider but just haven't decided on the rest....HELP!!! :unsure:

DJ

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    hey there :) we have the adj rig on both our larges and the spider and wok too. We just got them with 1 oval grid to use in it and love it. LAR-1317-BO
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The WOO3 is a great basic ring that will:
    1. raise your cooking level to the felt line
    2. has built in Wok ring
    3. place to rest pizza stone or pan for indirect
    cooking to replace platesetter

Adj Rig will get you well above felt line and let you cook on multiple cooking levels and arange many different cooking set ups.

Just depends on how you like to cook.
    I like the AR with Spider.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Good morning Marine, I have both and use them all the time. I started with the woo because the AR seemed to me at the time to be more useful for large cooks, which I felt like i would not need. It is still my go-to setup for raised direct cooks [spatchcock chicken, grilled fish, etc.] I recently bought the AR with the oval grid and stone and the slider setup to do full racks of ribs. It love it for that and it is wonderful for all sorts of cooks too. I am glad I have both but if I were just starting out I would probably go with the AR and get all the stuff for it.
    If you have any doubts just give Tom a call at CGS. Tell him what kind of cooks you plan to do. He is a great guy and will steer you to the right stuff.
    Hope this helps :):)
  • Marine
    Marine Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That's what I was leaning to was the Adj Rig setup with the oval grid and the spider with the Wok. We are excited to cook on the Wok because we are always cooking with rice from our rice cooker and stirfry. I have looked and haven't found too many pics on here for people cooking with the Wok. I think I am gonna give him a call at CGS and make sure I don't forget something... ;)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I use the wok 2-3 times a week on our eggs LOL it is the fastest way to cook up ingredients to go in something. used it at the demo sat to cook the stuffing for the sausage roll we did.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I had 2 regular grates laying around since I went to CI. Made this this weekend for like $8. Can easily adjust the grates up and down by moving the nuts.

Rig.jpg
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I like the adj rig as being higher makes me a much better cook :laugh:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeOrFire
    SmokeOrFire Posts: 49
    Options
    Lit: Looks like you were digging in my trash :). I just today threw out a grid that looks like the rusty one on the bottom, complete with the 4 bolts. I replaced the contraption with a new SS grid and woo3.

Trust me, after you cook on it a few times, the nuts will get so gunked up they won't move (mine stripped).
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I will eventually get a adjustable rig for my larges but for now this will work. I really just wanted a raised cooking device so i don't have to take the fire ring out of my other large to cook raised. I have a woo for my small and mini and use them alot but to tell you the truth I rarely use my larges or medium. I made a table for my small and mini on wheels in my garage and 90% of my cooks are done out front now.