Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Back from Port A with some goodies!

ATXATX Posts: 98
edited 2:12AM in EggHead Forum
Greetings fellow Eggers. Brought back a ton of shark & Vermillion Rockfish (aka B-Line) fillets. Thinking about throwing them on Mr. Egg tonight. Any good recipes floating out there? (pun intended) Haha!

Thanks in Advance!

Sunburnt and ready to cook in Austin
·

Comments

• PopsiclePopsicle Posts: 517
    I’m jealous, just got back from Baffin and fought the wind for 3 days. Glad you could get out and do some good.
    As far as grilling the shark, I like 1 inch thick steaks with a liberal coating of John Henry’s lemon pepper. 350/400 on a raised grid till done. I tend to turn them several times just to keep a close eye on how they are doing. You can paint a little butter on them as you serve or just squeeze a little lime. Pecan wood helps shark also.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
    ·
  • achtungpvachtungpv Posts: 39
    Years ago, a friend made some shark fajitas...just marinate in whatever favorite fajita marinade you like and grill. They were fantastic.
    ·
  • How were the jellyfish? Last time we were there (end of March a few years ago), those things were ALL OVER the beach :sick:
    Got married down there 30 years ago!
    Hear they are redoing the White Marlin/Tarpon Inn! What did you see?
    Oysters in????
    ·
  • ATXATX Posts: 98
    Hmm Shark fajitas does sound intriguing. Thanks!
    ·
    You know amazingly enough we didn't see a single jellyfish this time. Not even that much sea weed. Beach was very clean. I know they were working a front loader out there though. Last year we went in Mid April and there were literally hundreds of those dead bloated suckers out there.
    ·
    Cool, I might give that a whirl. Sorry about your wind. We had relatively calm seas.
    ·