Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not an Egg but interesting

Options
FSM-Meatball
FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First- Yes I still love my egg, and No, I won't be buying this. But I appreciate good engineering.

I saw this at Home Depot and liked the design-
http://www.stokgrills.com/grills/tower.php

The thing I like is the interchangeable Grate, this would be a cool accessory for the egg. Yes, I already checked, the grate is 22.5". Too big for the large and too small for the XL.

It was only $129.

Comments

• PFSmith
    PFSmith Posts: 34
    Options
    That is an interesting design. I haven't seen one in person, but I wonder if the design innovations are backed with solid construction using thick gauge metal and a good porcelain coating on the metal. So many of the Weber knock-off kettle grills are of flimsy construction compared to the original.

You are right - good innovation in the interchangeable grill grate, and you are also correct - its not an Egg, and like you, I'll pass......

Pat
  • Feeding Frenzy
    Options
    And do you appreciate the 2 year limited warantee, as opposed to lifetime? :laugh: Bet the parts that arent't covered last a year at best. I'll keep my Eggs, thanks! But thanks for sharing the link.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    Of course, I'm looking at those inserts, wondering what the dimensions are, and if they would fit on my mini...
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Looks like a Smokey Joe sitting on top of a chimney starter to me.