Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to egging

Options
Moegging
Moegging Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Guys I have been lurking for about a year while I have been desperate for an egg. Today I found a used large with nest and bunch of accessories for 450. I was hoping to get everyones advice on starting with my new egg. Thanks for all the advice I am looking to cook steaks and chicken but also learn to smoke briskets and pork. Thanks again

Comments

• EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Where do you live ? There might be an EGGFEST in your area. Demo EGGS are for sale at EGGFESTS and they come with lifetime Warranty. 450 is a good price. Then again, you might want another EGG down the road. So it's something to keep in mind.

Enjoy the journey.

Gary
    Canoga Par, Ca.
  • Holy Smokes
    Holy Smokes Posts: 30
    Options
    steaks, chickens, piece of cake... in my experience slow and low is the thing to master on the egg....

Steaks are 2 minutes each side at MAXIMUM (1200 degree) heat.... well seasoned flip many times... pull when reached desired temp (based on thermapen)
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Welcome aboard! The eggfest is a great way to go and learn what others are doing. Otherwise just start researching and experimenting. You'll find the basics will be mastered in no time ... the low and slow cooks cook be a life time of experimenting ... but they'll all be great!

Joel
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    You just gotta dive in.
    :woohoo:
    I have had my first BGE, a large. For about a month. The only things I've cooked more than once is steak and ribs and even they were not cooked the same way twice.

Every time I cook something I realize another tool, pan, grid, glove, probe, meat or spice would make this or that a little better.
    Not eaxacly sure how to do something? I find it out here. :)

My latest realization is I need a better way to store all this stuff! :P

It really is a way of life
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Moegging, Welcome to the forum. :)
  • BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of the EGG! I too am a newbie with my EGG being a couple weeks old. I have had such amazing success with it that i am mad that i didn't buy one sooner. :angry: Have fun and dont be afraid because this baby is very forgiving. B)