Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best in Smoke

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody else think that last nights show was poorly done? They tell the cooks to make something that 11 year old kids will like and you would think they would be judged on that. Instead the kid's favorite cook just gets immunity while the adult judges pick the cook that the kids didn't like as the winner. -RP

Comments

• Manfred
    Manfred Posts: 186
    Options
    I would have to agree with you.
  • G-squared
    G-squared Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree, also don't like the old guy having to run to the truck to get ingredients, what a crock. I thought this was a cooking competition not a foot race.
    LGE
    CIA-81
    Garner, North Carolina
    Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all-Harriet van Horne
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

G-squared, that has been my thought since watching the first show. I thought that it was a stupid criteria for a grilling show. I didn't watch it last night just for that reason and will not waste my time watching it again. I have never been able to run and I thought it was very discriminatory. Besides, I thought that the first show illustrated that the pro's could make as many stupid mistakes as I can and it wasn't worth tuning in for.

Blair

• rathersmokethanwork
    Options
    It also came out in Yesterday's Minneapolis Newspaper that Famous Dave actually has a broken ankle during the competition

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/121818094.html

I thought the show was lame
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    If it weren't for Chris & Ken I wouldn't be watching this show...
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Absolutely! -RP
  • nuynai
    nuynai Posts: 101
    Options
    After watching a lot of these type shows, the judges have no clue as to what BBQ is all about. They should stay in their offices and not judge this type of event.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Well since Brad's place is about 6 miles away I watch it to keep up with him. I missed the first half of last nights show but make a grilled desert with only what is in the Basket? They even let you got to the pantry on Chopped.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    I'm not sure if I will continue to watch. I think it's one of the worst competition shows FN has done.

I will say I can't stand that guy from NY. He was just the rudest jerk about the kids party and I'm appalled that judges gave him first in it. The only thing that should have mattered is what the kids thought.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • PFSmith
    PFSmith Posts: 34
    Options
    Sadly, this seems to be what the Food Network has become. There are, or have been, producers at the network who know how to do a grilling show, but now, all of the shows seem to be some variation of either "Chopped" and/or "Iron Chef." I wish they would take some time to talk to the cooks about what they are doing, about their technique, about their smokers, about the art and science of cooking, but that wouldn't appeal to their target demographic.

I find myself watching The Cooking Channel more than FN these days.

Pat