Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off Topic - If you liked the Eyes...

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WARNING - nothing to do with cooking![p]Slow day so I was playing with a little more Javascript on my site this morning. The eyes on the main page of my BGE site follow you where ever you move the mouse. On the link below, a 'bunch' of little stars follow your mouse. Hope you enjoy.
[ul][li]Stars[/ul]

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gfw, Ya..off topic but fun..Thanks..If move da mouse really quick in small circles..ya knot of the stars...fun..There was one a while back with a kitten that crawls around the screen. If I find it I will send it to ya. Or someone else might.
    Had pizza tonight and thinking of posting ..it was a bit different..but ??
    Cheers..C~W[p]

• Gfw
    Options
    05_07_0018_40_01.jpg
    <p />C~W, post what you did and how it turned out and if you find the cat, I would love it. [p]My last pizza turned out great [picture] (at leat I thought so), but my wife still likes the store bought - unfortunately we have a place called 'Monicals' that just puts out the most incredible thin crusted pizza. [p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gfw, well, what I did wasn't really a spectacular thing..but the end result was kinda amusing. My wife brought home another frozen pizza, but there is something different about these, and its the crust. This one is made by Freshetta, and website is http://www.freshetta.com.
    Its a Rising Crust pizza and the crust really develops a nice rise all around the perimeter. [p]I discarded the package instructions and baked it differently. [p]First..I thawed it on high in the microwave for one minute.
    Then placed it still resting on its circle of cardboard on the counter..let it continue to thaw.[p]In the meantime my BGE is snorkling away gaining temperature. My limpin "Tri Stone" accessory, (plate sitter) has a accessory repair leg to replace the broken one and heating up in the BGE. 500F is my goal.[p]As soon as the temp hits 500F I slipped the pizza off the cardboard right on the hot stone..[p]The temp will drop due to a cooler pizza and opening the dome, so I let it rise again to 500F..Then capped it off with the solid cap. Here is where you have to maintain your equilibrium and not get distracted. Let the temps fall to 400. Then uncap, and watch it immediately rise to the 500F. Repeat the capping. Keep doing this repeatedly and you will see the temperature gradually take longer and longer to drop top the 425 range. [p]Two things are happening inside the dome. The high contained heat is helping to finish cook the ingredients as well as melt the cheese. [p]The capping and uncapping is helping to moderate the fire under the stone and prevent a charred crust.[p]I used only the single thickness of the "Tri Stone" (plate sitter) as a flame barrier. [p]The end result was, a beautiful melt on the cheese, and the pizza dough was crispy. So nice that when you run the roller thru it, it splits apart very nicely with a crunch. Crispy to bite thru also. And a nice brown undercrust with a light brown outer risen crust around the pizza. It was a beauty with a thick ring of outer crust and the inner crust where the ingredients were was thin..I wonder how they do that!! That is one crust I would like to duplicate with home brew pizza.
    All in all...this lazy mans pizza is one great way to go when your not into messing up the kitchen counter and the Freshetta Pizza has my compliments. Try it, if you can find it. You will like it. Mine was the "Supreme".
    Cheers..C~W
    Link Below...

[ul][li]Freshetta Pizza Website[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Options
    Char-Woody, please recheck the link.

• Unknown
    Options
    Did that Gordon..not know why but try it again..It comes up on my search vehicle o.k.

[ul][li]Freshetta Pizza[/ul]