Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grid lifter

Options
greggsegg
greggsegg Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought me the cast iron grid for my NY Strips and noticed the grid was hard to remove! Can someone hook me up with a link for grid lifters that will workfor these! thanx and good eggin, Gregg

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    GreggsEgg,
    There are a lot of us working on it, but it's kind of like a cure for cancer or the solution to world peace....I'm not sure we're there yet. However, don't give up.[p]Mike

• greggsegg
    greggsegg Posts: 31
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Thanks, I just thought it was a done deal, things happen so fast here! (ceptin the low n slow) LOL good eggin Gregg

• Inna Avrelina
    Options
    When you do find the solution to lifting the heavy cast iron grate, I am ready to buy.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Hey Mike,[p]The test model you did for me from YB's design works pretty good. My camera is on the blink or I would have posted pictures for you a couple of months ago, I'm such a slacker.[p]It doesn't help with the sheer weight of the grid, but it does a very nice job with the leverage and control aspects. I've even used it on a high temp sear and didn't even loose any flesh.[p]If my friend comes by tomorrow with his camera I will grab some photos and post them.
  • Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    GreggsEgg,[p]That's the only reason why I have yet to purchase the cast iron grid!