Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which Rub to use on Wings ?

Options
EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I marinated Wings with Soy Sauce, Honey, Molasses, Ginger, and Garlic.

Which Rub(s) would work with those flavors ? I have most of the DP Rubs as well as Pecan from John Henry. Or maybe the Wings don't need a rub. I am used to putting rubs on the Wings.

Thanks.

Gary

Comments

• RU Eggsperienced
    RU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,527
    Options
    I Highly Recommend DP Tsunami Spin!!! After sprinkling the rub put a light coat of canola oil it will keep the rub on the wings and not on the grid... I use an aerosol can for that.

Another one I've done is a marinade of - tequila, fresh lime, cilantro, cumin powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ancho chile powder, salt pepper and you can kick it up w/whatever pleases you... I make this marinade more like a wet rub than a liquidy marinade.
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Ditto on Tsunami Spin. Sooo good on wings ( and most everything else ;-)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    With that marinade be very careful about burning - lots of sugar in that mix.
  • I Like To Cook
    Options
    For me, I like to keep it simple. I don't marinate. Ground ancho, chipotle, & cayenne pepper, onion powder, coarse salt & black pepper. Smoke them over Jack Daniels oak barrel chips. No sauce. Bolthouse Farms' yogurt bleu cheese dressing & celery.
  • Mrs.Meat
    Mrs.Meat Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks! now I want your wings.that sounds good.I always love to mix dp swamp venom and bge sweet maple. Sweet n spicy.mmmmmm
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Thank you so much for the recommendation. I have had a bottle in the pantry for almost two years. I think I used it once when I first got it but I leaned toward Shake the Tree Rub. Every time I smelled the Tsunami Spin I alway smelled Celery, so I shied away from it. I put it on all the wings and it was wonderful. It did have some celery salt but also sugar which have it sweetness. The wings were enjoyed by the whole family.

Thanks again.

Gary
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    Sprinkle a few with some Pineapple Head.