Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK, I have to say it

Crimsongator
Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is an open memo to all the newbies and some old farts. Cooking is an art, especially BBQ. You can't do 225 for 14 hrs with this butt just because you did it with the last one. It is done when it is done and each cut of meat is different and each cook on the egg seems to settle at a slightly different temp. If your egg pops 10-20* higher this time, roll with it and adjust your times slightly. It is all about the feel of the finished prduct and not even a cetain temp. What is 195* on this brsket needs to be 200* or 205* on the next one to get the correct finish.

If you expect to go exactly 240* in varying weather conditions with different kinds of lump you are going to drive yourself crazy. And this talk about not wanting to go as high as 300* or even 350* to cook a butt or ribs, try it. Some of the best teams in the country are doing it with great success and I would bet you $100 you couldn't tell the difference, even if I told you which was which.

Relax and enjoy the egg. You are driving your family crazy! Btw, that advice was free and would cost you over $100 to get at a bbq cooking class..... you're welcome :kiss:

Comments