Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Its 700 degrees in Maine!!!

Options
Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did it again!! Cranked Humpty up to 700 degrees and seared the most fantastic steaks ever tonight! New York strip steaks, slathered with mustard then coated with a rub I put together (black pepper, lemon pepper, a bit'o salt, crushed chipotle pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic powder and a dash of oregano)! Let the steaks sit for about 3 hours and then......into Humpty. I did the 3,3,3 deal. WOW!!! Talk about juicy. Done to perfection. Just thought I'd share it with you all. From the beautiful Coast of Maine!

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Doug, sounds great - it's kind of fun to take a rub and add/subtract a few ingrediants. The steaks sounded great. [p]We had some friends over for brunch about noon and when they left, I figured it was almost dinner time - wrong - nothing but popcorn and a few beers for tonight.

• Peddler
    Peddler Posts: 37
    Options
    Doug,[p]I may have been near you on Sunday if you are around Ogunquit. Had an anniversary dinner at Arrows...great chefs. On Saturday we did a marinated flank steak at 600+ on a 4,4,1 cycle. Same great results you described.

• Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    Options
    Peddler, as a matter of fact we were in Ogunquit Sunday morning. We live in Kennebunk....about 7-8 miles north on Rt 1. Have heard nice things about Arrows but have yet to try it.Its mod-city up and down the coast now...tourist season. So, I'll wait till fall and hit Arrows then. Are you a frequent visitor of Maine?? Great place!

• Peddler
    Peddler Posts: 37
    Options
    Doug,[p]We stayed at the Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport on Sunday night. We live down in Mass. in a town called Westford. We try to get up to Maine once or twice a year...it's great up along the coast. We signed up for another special dinner at Arrows for the beginning of December...Nancy Espisito (sp?) from PBS will be doing the cooking.[p]Peddler