Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Delicious Dr. BBQ Recipe...

Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday morning the wife asked me if I wanted to cook some dinner on the Egg... well... yeah! :) I made the mac & cheese recipe from the BGE cookbook once last summer and had been craving it since easter. The wife had made our "go to" mac & cheese recipe from Martha Stewart-- I wont comment on her, but her mac & cheese recipe is good. Never the less... I wanted that delicious recipe from the BGE cookbook. Now what to go with it. I flipped through the pork and seafood sections and found some interesting ideas. Then as I flipped to the back to look at the index it fell open to Ray Lampe's Coffee-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Peach Barbecue Drizzle page. She instantly said "What's that?!?!" We had our answer. :) I have made several iterations of coffee rubs and liked them all. This version, while less complicated than some, did not disappointed. I found the Drizzle to be quite tasty too. Of course, the mac & cheese was as I expected. There is subtle flavor in that dish that comes from the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce that I really like. If you haven't tried them I would recommend giving both of these recipes a try. I will let the photos do the talking from here. I hope you enjoy.

01.jpg

02.jpg

08.jpg

12.jpg

03.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

It was a marvelous meal, a great night with good friends, and the reason I barbecue.

Egg On!
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments