Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner - 3 Recipes

thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grilled Mexican Corn
DSC_3410.jpg
This recipe was presented by Chris at NibbleMeThis.com on a forum recently and it was so perfect in description and presentation I could not top the combination of flavors so here is my presentation.

Ingredients
 4 Oz. Plain Yogurt (low fat)
 4 Oz. EVOO Mayonnaise
 3 Tbls. Lime Juice
 ¾ Cup Cotija cheese grated fine
 3 Tsp. Chili Powder
 1 ½ Tsp. Cayanne Pepper
 1 Tsp. Cumin
 1 ½ Tsp. Coarse Sea Salt
 5-6 Ears corn

Instructions
1. Combine the yogurt, mayo and lime juice in a bowl and set aside.
2. Combine with remaining ingredients and grind in a mortar/pestle then mix with finely ground Cothja cheese.
3. Grill the corncobs directly over the hot coals (approximately 450˚F) for 6-7 minutes turning every two minutes until kernels start to soften.
4. Remove the corn from the grill and apply a light coat of the yogurt mixture to each cob.
5. Sprinkle each corncob liberally with the Cotija cheese mixture, and they are ready to serve.

Geisha Spatchcock Chicken
DSC_3144.jpg
This Spatchcocked recipe is prepared utilizing a secret ingredient the ‘Ginger Salad Dressing’ custom made by the Chef Corey at Geisha Sushi Bar in Columbia, Missouri. This recipe gives you a very simple method of cooking Bone-in breasts with rib meat chicken (or ‘Split’ breasts). The origin of “Spatch-cocking” is allegedly 18th-century Irish and means "to butterfly"; it typically involves the use of a whole chicken with the backbone cut out; today it is also referred to as a “style of grilling.” For purposes of this cook, we will stick with our favorite cut, bone-in breasts and the use of a Spice Rub instead of a Marinade.

Ingredients
 3 Large Bone-in Chicken (skin on)
 12-16 Oz. Geisha Ginger Salad Dressing

Preparation and cooking
1. Place split breasts in a 9 x 9 pan and cover in dressing, then cover in saran wrap and marinade over night.
2. Fire up the Big Green Egg and stabilize around 375 degrees. Remove breasts from marinade (keep remnants of the marinade) and place chicken cut side down directly on the grid (raised 2”) and close lid.
3. Use a meat thermometer to track the temperature until it reaches 165 degrees and remove and let rest.
4. In a sauce pan, make a White Wine reduction using the left over marinade to pour over the chicken when served.

Mediterranean Couscous Salad
DSC_3399.jpg
Ingredients
 1 Pkg. Pearl “Giant” Couscous
 ½ Medium Tomato, diced
 ½ Small Organic Sweet Onion, chopped fine
 1 Tbsp. Ground Parsley
 1 Medium Cucumber, chopped
 2 Oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled fine
 2 Tbls. Minced Black Olives
 Balsamic Vinaigrette

Instructions
1. Boil 8 cups of water and add Couscous
2. Cook for 12 minutes and remove from heat.
3. Drain in strainer and let cool
4. When cool combine all ingredients in a serving bowl and mix
5. Drizzle Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing to taste and chill one hour or more before serving,

Recipe-GrilledMexicanCorn-2.jpg
Recipe-Poultry-GeishaSushiSpatchcockChicken.jpg
Recipe-Vegetables-MediterraneanStyleCouscousSalad.jpg
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Looks great as always Tony, Thanks again for every thing you do for the forum. ;):)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    It all looks great, but the corn recipe isn't mine, I just reposted it with permission from Chris Lilly and Kingsford Charcoal.

The pictures were mine and it's a great recipe but don't want anyone thinking I'm stealing Chris' stuff, ha ha.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    Here is the same basic idea, but bumped up a notch. And, can't find any Cotija cheese in these parts; Feta is not a direct substitute, hard parmesan cheese is, but I like the Feta better with this combination.

6 ears Corn

1/2 C Mayonnaise (not light)
    1/4 C Prepared Horseradish

4 oz. Crumbled Feta (not light), minced fine
    2 t Chili Powder
    1 t Cayenne Pepper
    1 t ground Cumin

Set up grill or BGE for direct heat at 400-425*.

Remove Corn husk and silk.

In one bowl mix Mayonnaise and Horseradish; should be medium-thick mixture. You will need a brush to paint this on the Corn when it comes off the grill. If mixture is a little too thin the Horseradish will sink to the bottom of the bowl; still useable, but mix as you paint on the Corn.

In a second bowl mix the Feta and spices. Pour on a plate that the painted Corn can be rolled in.

Place the Corn on the heated grill. Turn every two minutes until nicely roasted, about 15-20 minutes, then remove.

Paint with Mayonnaise mixture, roll in Feta mixture, and serve immediately.

A recent added trick is to rub the ears with softened butter before roasting; adds to the roasted flavor, and seems to cook better.
  • Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    "This Spatchcocked recipe is prepared utilizing a secret ingredient the ‘Ginger Salad Dressing’ custom made by the Chef Corey at Geisha Sushi Bar in Columbia, Missouri."

Any substitute if one is not in Columbia, Missouri???
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Yes, any Ginger based salad dressing will get you the same results. It was done as a promotion for the restaurant (a gimmick) originally (we are regular customers.

As for kicking it up a notch, sounds good to me but three of my guests scrapped off 75% of the spices on this corn recipe already as 'too spicy' so I downgraded the ratios for posting already. It's good but anyone on the fence in the chili powder world will think it too spicy most likely.

Thanks for the idea too.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Thanks for sharing those...that grilled mexican corn looks awesome!!...definitely a must do :woohoo: