Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: kitchen progress

ZymeZyme Posts: 180
edited 8:55AM in EggHead Forum
about three weeks left and it'll be done. The cabinets on this side of the island face the patio and that's where my BGE stuff goes--so this isn't entirely off topic! :laugh: :laugh:

During: (we thought about putting a spa there for a while :P )

This week:

I'll post again when it's done. We're sick of living off microwaved food upstairs but excited about how it looks.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,586

Looking good! Are you planning seating on the island? We live around ours.

Caledon, ON

• ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    We really went back and forth on this--in the old setup we ended up only ever using the kitchen table and not sitting at the bar. So we traded seating there for storage instead. Most of our friends would have gone the other way, like you did.
    We had a party before the demolition while it was still "Cold" here in San Diego (yeah, I know) so the patio was unused. Everyone just stood in the kitchen hanging out, mixing drinks and eating CWM ribs that came off the large. We looked at each other and said, yeah, having lots of room for people to hang out in the kitchen is what we want.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looking great!
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • KailasKailas Posts: 146
    Looks nice, but I expected to see a LBGE in a custom installation somewhere in that kitchen!
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    very nice!!
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,573
    Looking great! That is quite a transformation.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    It is looking great !!! Will be watching for more pics as the project continues.... ;)
  • misfitmisfit Posts: 358
    Nice remodel, didn't look that bad before. It will soon be over and enjoy. Looks like time to upgrade that staircase, give me a call. :)
  • Looks great, what brand of cabinets did you go with?
  • ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    Local outfit called Imperial Cabinets. HIGHLY recommended--great tradesman did the install.