Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Car Wash Mike's Ribs and Salmon Question

abundell
abundell Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Having a dozen friends over for dinner tonight and they all want to see what the Egg can do. Sooo....

I'm planning on Car Wash Mike's BB ribs and salmon. My plan is to do the ribs first, let them rest in foil, crank up the Egg and do a cedar planked salmon (which I do at 400 deg).

We'll probably eat around 7 PM. I want to cook the ribs long enough to get them just right, but they'll probably need to rest for an hour. I bought Costco BB ribs. About 9 lbs. I've read a few posts on cooking time. If I drop those babies on around 1 PM and pull them around 6 PM (should I figure 4 hrs or 5 hrs?), then crank up the Egg and hit it with the salmon, is that the ticket? Should I plan to put the ribs in the oven to slightly reheat them or serve them without reheating?

Oh, and one other thing. I can NEVER get the damn membrane off cleanly. I pick at the small edge with a knife edge, try to grab it with a paper towel, but I get little bits of membrane and it never peels. What's my problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Wrap the ribs in foil then in a heavy towels or better yet a blanket. They will keep hot for 3 or so hours.

Start working the membrane in the middle of the rack the out to the ends. The way you are doing it is correct. Use enough paper towel to get a good grip and pull at a slight angle.

GG
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Abundell, the Costco ribs they sell in my town already have the membrane removed.

Good luck with your dinner and remember to post pics. Your friends are in for a good time.