Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg For Wedding Gift

Options
RaleighGuy
RaleighGuy Posts: 207
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got my Large Egg this past Monday night (as soon as I got back from my honeymoon in the Dominican Republic). It was a wedding gift from my wife's aunt and uncle. The Egg is a focal point at their house, and I have had many amazing pieces of meat from their egg. We got engaged while visiting their house in Asheville, NC,last year and had some outstanding butts for dinner the night we got engaged. Before Monday night, I was using a standard charcoal grill to smoke butts, chicken, and everything else. I gave the Egg a test drive on Monday night and turned out some pretty decent chicken leg quarters. I have a bit to learn(I forgot to burp the egg and ended up burning off the gaskets), but I was amazed at the performance. The Egg is my new best friend, and I have become somewhat obsessed with it this week. I have been itching to fire her up all week, but have had to wait until tomorrow. Unfortunately, rain is in the forecast here, but the Egg is getting fired up with two butts regardless. Glad to be a member of the club.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

Comments