Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ga. Mountain EggFest

Options
crunk
crunk Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all....I am taking the wife and kids up to Hiawasee next weekend for the GA Mtn. EggFest and was wondering if anyone had been before and what I could expect. I'm a brand new EggHead (about 2 months) and am looking forward to seeing experienced Eggers in action and hopefully gathering some good knowledge and ideas!!

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    This is the 1st annual GA Mtn fest but John Hall has done a great job of putting this fest together. You will learn a lot, meet some great people and taste some great food.

Don't eat before you come as there will be a ton of food. You and the family will have a blast. look forward to seeing you there... ;):)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    This will also be my first eggfest and I am really looking forward to it. It will also be the first time I am camping with my family so we will see how it works out! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone, eating some great food, and learning some new recipes/techniques.

-Jason
    Woodstock, GA

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• vidalia1
    Options
    Looking forward to meeting you also...you guys will have a blast.. ;):lol: :silly:
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Well, we're looking forward to you coming up to the No. GA mountains. You'll see some pretty amazing things coming off the eggs. We've got a lineup of some very experienced and competent cooks/chefs. Feel free to ask the cooks anything and everything....they love to share information! Also, we're having at least two free classes, one of which is an entry level class we're calling Big Green Egg 101! A lot can be learned in this one even if you're an experienced egger, and it's being conducted by one of the best known eggers in the country.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    We're looking forward to it, Jason. You'll have the time of your life..........guaranteed!! :laugh:
  • vidalia1
    Options
    :whistle: :S :pinch: :blink: :laugh: :P :lol: :silly:
  • crunk
    crunk Posts: 94
    Options
    Yes, I am definitely going to be at the Egg 101 Class....Hope to see everyone up there!!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I am going the heckle and berate whoever you have doing that 101 class. He has his work cut out for him (or her I guess).
  • vidalia1
    Options
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    rod,, if he gets out of line and gives you a hard time.... i got your back... B)

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Right along side of you Rod, I hear the 101 demo class is over the top. But will have to see. For anyones first fest just take your time and pace your self. Don't be scared to ask questions. Have fun.