Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In Keeping with tonights theme_

Options
Capt Frank
Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Of cholesterol, heart attack, and clogged artery specials, bacon wrapped tater tots, decadent burgers, all great stuff, here is my humble contribution. BTW, my wife is out of town too. :laugh:
The Raws; mini corn dogs, brussel sprouts, smoked sausage, and BACON :ohmy:
5711285305_54b8ba5d75.jpg
P5110012 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Prepped, every things better w/ bacon on it :cheer:
5711845364_9ae1d5fd19.jpg
P5110014 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Getting Happy :):)
5711286177_ea6feb203f.jpg
P5110017 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Just fun food, I don't recommend it as a regular diet

Thanks for looking :) :laugh: :evil: :)

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Bacon-wrapped Brussell Sprouts. Noted!

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    The sprouts are actually quite good, and the only thing remotely healthy in this post :laugh:
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Hey Buddy, it all looks great.
    Ya know we are all gonna be gone someday, some of us sooner than others.
    But we all have to live first and a little bacon is always GOOD.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Everybody eats some kind of fun food. Yours looks good and tasty. :P
  • smokeybreeze
    smokeybreeze Posts: 216
    Options
    Healthy thin sliced bacon, wrapping super foods like brussels sprouts can only get healthier with that glass/bottle of red wine, no? :whistle:

It all looks good 'n' healthy to me, but then last weekend I posted about bacon weave wrapped jucy lucy's :whistle:
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Thanks Jim, I was just fooling around tonight, did not really have a dinner plan, but with a little Captain Morgan for inspiration, and the other great posts on not so healthy food, what the heck! :laugh: :blush: :P
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Thanks Tim, thanks Smokey, if anyone wants to try the sprouts, I did have to boil them for about ten minutes first to get them tender enough to stick a toothpick through them :laugh:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I am showing this to your wife at the next lunch!

Seriously, I love the brussel sprout idea, thanks!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I think you see the sprouts caught every ones attention including mine. Some big sprouts there. Were they tinder? The ones I have had that size tend to be. Looks great and I love sprouts. Dang storm from down your way moved in this morning and knocked power out earler at 1:45. Alarm was set for 2:15 so just went ahead and got up so got a few extra minutes to play on the Forum. ;)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Sorry that I inspired you in such a bad way. ;)

Looks good. I think I would actually try those sprouts.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Capt Frank
    Options
    I have always liked sprouts but I have not been able to come up with a good way to prepare them on the egg. This works well. As I said before, I had to boil them for a few minutes in order to get a toothpick through them. They were very tender and good.
    I don't reccomend the mini-corn dogs for an entree, but they make a great appetizer. :)
    Faith, I thought you were my friend! :laugh:
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    What a great way to eat your vegetables. I believe I am inspired. :) Brussels sprouts... I would never have come up with that but now I cant wait to try.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Capt Frank: I love it! :laugh: Hope your wife doesn't participate in the forum! :whistle: I am really going to think on that Brussel Sprout idea! I always add bacon to mine, but never considered doing them whole! Very interesting. ;)
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Thanks Michelle, I was just fooling around with stuff I had on hand, and they surprised me with how good they were, and, I added no additional seasonings, just the bacon wrap [cheap bacon at that] :laugh: I am sure you will come up with an upgrade! :)
    And no, my wife, an RN, does not look at the forum unless I point something out to her :P