Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It is alive....

MoscaMosca Posts: 14
edited 12:18PM in EggHead Forum
The Egg. It is alive. The fire burns within, there is no stopping it now.

About 3 years ago I started thinking about the Egg. I almost bought one then (I should have), but the gas grill was still hanging on, and I'd paid a pretty penny for that serious stainless, y'know. It looked really good, too. What's that they say? "If looks could cook...." Or something like that.

Cut to 2011. The fancy stainless steel grill is in the dumpster, the insides rusted away and I didn't want to rebuild them AGAIN. On the deck, temporarily sitting on a paving stone, is my new Large Egg!

Did I use it yet? No, tomorrow is the day. At my other food forum (I'm Mosca at Roadfood), I took a poll and my first cook is going to be spatchcocked chicken. I've cooked chicken, of course, but I've never spatchcocked one. Seriously, though, for all I've learned about these things and steaks I'm really thinking ribeyes. The heck with the poll, we're the people eating.

Anyhows, I'm happy to join the family.
·

Comments

• BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    Welcome, and Amen to your the one eating! Cook what you like and they will come :woohoo:
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,611
    Congrats and welcome ;) Your culinary cuisine is about to go up about 140 notches. :)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Welcome to the forum. :)
    ·
  • srq2625srq2625 Posts: 262
    If your egg is sitting directly on the paver and that's directly on the deck .... hmmmmm ..... you might want to consider putting the Egg feet between the egg and the paver. As you describe it, you might be risking the paver getting hot enough to cause problems for the wood of your deck. Just a thought.
    ·
  • MoscaMosca Posts: 14
    I didn't mention; feet ARE under it. I have a table on the way, I'm hoping it will be here soon.
    ·
  • reader40reader40 Posts: 69
    Welcome!

I am a newbie myself...you will love the spatch!
    ·