Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT - I Owe Egg Food

WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 988
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last week at lunch my co-worker yelled at me to get off my phone. They give me crap when I check the forum during lunch. I told her to leave me alone and that I was busy looking for a lawn tractor on Craigslist. All joking of corse when saying it. My co-worker mentioned that they had a old riding tractor I could have if I could get it running. Stopped on the way home from work since it was only a few houses down from my parents. Tractor was hidden under all kinds of stuff in the shed. Second guessed myself when seeing the tractor at first. After trying to charge the battery and jumping it, the battery wasn't going to start. For a split second it tried to turn over. So I figured the motor might be ok. Tried unlocking the transmission with the release handle in back with no luck. Being the transmission is hydrostatic the rear tires were locked up and not going anywhere. Couldn't roll the tractor, more less up the hill. Ran down to my parents place and cut a sled in half for the back rear tires. Fired up dads Ford utility tractor and went to work. After getting the garden tractor rear tires on sleds we towed the garden tractor up the hill. No damage to their yard with the sleds. Sweet! Once at home we were unsure where to start. I started grabbing handfuls of dirt off the engine block. Found nests of who knows what animal in the engine compartment. Pressure washed with water and went to town with degreser. Rinsed off again with water and could finally see what we were working with. Took the starter off and wanted to see if that was any good. Starter spun when connected to the battery. Took the starter apart and cleaned her up. Wen't and bought a new battery later that night. Cleaned all the connections to the starter and the solenoid. Dumped the old oil and replaced it with some new synthetic oil. Turned the key and she fired right up. Must have had a bad connection or the starter was just dirty. Must have sat for 5-6 years and she was tired of it. The rest of the work was cosmetic. The front "face mask" was all over the place. The front grill was also smashed in. After getting everything into shape, bolted the mower back together. Looks pretty good after a little elbow greese. Did a little research on the mower and Simplicity made 200 Vikes mowers. Pretty rare mower I guess. One less thing out of the 5,000,000 things you need when you own your first house I guess. Anything to help the wallet.

So FINALLY I'm getting to my question. What do I owe them? Thinking something on the egg. Thinking some good steaks? Ribs? Don't really know what to make. They already refused any payback prior of me getting the mower. All they said they wanted was their shed back.

DSCN8790.jpg

DSCN8789.jpg

DSCN8791.jpg

DSCN8794.jpg

DSCN8796.jpg

Comments