Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

modifying a post by eenie meenie

Options
2Fategghead
2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
edited November -1 in Off Topic
cut and paste from this post by eenie meenie

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1075410&catid=1

I fixed a contorno of potato, tomato, onion with fresh basil, oregano, and parsley topped with fresh mozzarella and a salad of mixed greens with arugula, tomatoes, yellow peppers, and a garlic vinaigrette.

contornoofpotato.jpg

I just 'wing' the potato dish. Smear your dish with olive oil and take some smashed garlic and rub the dish. Place an overlapping layer of thinly sliced potatoes on the bottom, then a layer of tomatoes (I use canned tomatoes when out of season, they are much better than those awful supermarket ones. If using canned tomatoes, drain them and remove the seeds and cut out the cores), then a layer of thinly sliced onions. Add S P, chopped parsley, basil, and oregano and some minced garlic to taste. Repeat this sequence one or two more times, depending upn the depth of your dish. Cover the foil or a lid and bake at 350 degrees for about and hour and 15 min to hour and 30 minutes (depends upon how thick you sliced your potatoes). When the potatoes are done, let the dish rest to reabsob some of the liquid. Place some grated some mozzarella cheese on top and broil until browned and bubbly, serve. Let me know if you like the dish. If you need me to be more precise, let me know and I will try to measure stuff the next time.

Comments