Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Toss Kit Available

Options
Boatman
Boatman Posts: 854
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The pizza toss kit is available. I will pick the lucky winner on Wednesday at 5:00pm. Rules are you must have 500 posts to be eligible. Get them names in and you will be put in the hat B)

Comments

• fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    Options
    :blush: Dang, I only need 468 more psots to be eligable .... Ibetter get busy!
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Please put my name in...
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Submitting my name. :cheer:
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Sorry, the 500 post minimum was started by me. A new member got it one time and it almost disappeared. It is more about being involved in the forum and that isn't too hard to achieve. Heck, I think we have a few guys who got to 500 in like a week :whistle:
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    Options
    I gotta pay my dues, I understand. just 20 posts an hour over the next 24 hours and I am in!!!!

lol
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
  • RU Eggsperienced
    RU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,527
    Options
    OK - I am interested....Toss me in the hat.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Boatman wrote:
    The pizza toss kit is available. I will pick the lucky winner on Wednesday at 5:00pm. Rules are you must have 500 posts to be eligible. Get them names in and you will be put in the hat B)

O.K., forgive my newbieness, but what the heck is a pizza toss kit?

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    What ever happened to the winner posting a pic of using the kit before passing it along? :huh:

Did I miss that post? :ermm: :unsure:
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    38 more posts... :blink:
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    BOWHUNR wrote:
    Boatman wrote:

O.K., forgive my newbieness, but what the heck is a pizza toss kit?

Mike
    Omaha, NE
    I wuz wondering that too...

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    It is a 'pizza toss' kit with a synthetic dough and a learning DVD to assist in learning how to "Toss A Pie". It is far easier to wash the synthetic dough off after dropping, as opposed to dropping dinner! It has gone through MANY forum members hands, and has become a tradition. ;) We nearly lost this kit to somebody who only had two (or so) posts...who thought they "won" it, which is when the 500 post rule was made. It has been passed from forum member to forum member, so MANY people have learned from this kit! At this point, I believe (IMO) the box (which is signed by all who have used it) is more valuable than the kit itself. Working with the kit is a blast! And it will greatly improve your skills with dough. Keep posting! ;)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Thanks, Little Chef!
    I learned how to "toss" food in a frying pan with a wet sponge in it, very harmless. An artificial pizza skin may be kinda neat to try out... The only time I tried tossing pizza was back in Albuquerque, and the kitchen ceiling fan had other ideas... :blink:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    LOL!!! Ceiling fan!! :laugh: That's why we like this kit! I don't think there are any ceiling fan scars in it yet, but I know there are a lot of ceilings that don't have dough stuck to them!! :laugh: Honestly, my husband and I used it to learn to toss dough to one another...while spinning...and we can still do this with REAL dough! :laugh: I am still cracking up about the ceiling fan! :laugh: :silly:
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Count me in. I can see my kids amazement already..... but then I never win anything :whistle:
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    I think it's so cool that you do this. This is the first I've heard of it, but I'm glad to hear it's an ongoing thing so we all have the opportunity in the future.
  • MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Options
    Thanks Michelle for the info. I saw similar posts in the past, a few times... to be honest but never understood the history behind.
    Marc
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Please toss me into the hat. Thanks
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.