Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great day!

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Breakfast with my son and a dear friend of 30 years. She was part of the Village. :) A slow food restaurant that has been around here for 25 years.
Here is the fruit plate.

012-6.jpg

014-7.jpg

Tonights meal. Chicken with Cluck and Squeal Original.
Sweet tater, polidori, and avacado.

033-2.jpg

040-3.jpg

Tomorrow with Mom. :)
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    oh dem polidori's . . . nice cook M!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Molly, your cook looks awesome!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Very nice Molly. :) Old friendships are very special.

PS I don't know if you realize it or not but, your son looks just like you. ;)
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day all weekend ;)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Lookin' good Molly . . . and the food looks pretty good too! :woohoo:

That fruit plate looks to die for! said the diabetic. :lol:

Blair

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Nice lookin eats all around.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    It certainly is a great day when you are able to get together with friends and share a nice meal!

Happy Mother's Day Molly! :)
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Molly it looks like you are having a really great Mother's day weekend! So glad for you. Look forward to more of your hiking pics. Sort of like Beli's. If I can't be there at least I can enjoy the view!! :laugh:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    A great day indeed with family and friends.Wish you a very happy mother's day Molly. Love your Joie de Vivre. ;)
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Nice! The slow food restaurant sounds appealing.
    Enjoy your Mothers Day!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Good looking meal Molly, tell us more about the slow food restaurant.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    Options
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Looks like a great day Molly! Happy Mother's Day to you.
  • CaptDave
    CaptDave Posts: 54
    Options
    Nice Plating.... Chef!!!!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Molly, looks like a great day indeed with good company and good food. Just got myself a mandoline (never used one before) and that gorgeous fruit platter gives me some ideas of the possibility ... but this 'toy' is scary sharp and juliennes hard sweet tater with moderate effort. Have a great Mother's Day!
    Gary
    canuckland
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Be careful with that mandolin. What brand did you go for? They are a great to have.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Molly, thanks for the warning reminder. I got an all stainless steel one originally but didn't like the straight blade (very difficult to slice sweet tater). So I returned it and got this V-Blade model#3978 instead for $50 locally (no shipping/customs hassle). Worked quite well for today's skinny sweet tater fries.
    http://www.amazon.com/Mandolin-Food-V-Slicer-Interchangeable-Blades/dp/B003VI9IHY
    Gary
    canuckland
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I am used to using the stainless straight blade. Glad you like this one.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Sounds like a fantastic weekend Molly :)

Shane