Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef rump roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need a recipie for cooking a rump roast. Please help

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Carolyn,
    Give us an idea of what your wanting to do with it. You can cook it slow to 200 internal for pulled pork or sear it, then cook until done to your desired doneness is reached. [p]Tim

• Unknown
    Options
    Tim M,I would like to sear it and roast it. It is a 4lb roast. How long should it take?

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    tip2.jpg
    <p />Carolyn,[p]Here is a sirloin tip roast I did - it was 2.5 lb and took 1.5 hr to get to 145 internal. I did it at 375 over a drip pan sitting on 2 flat firebricks. As you can see I have a Polder thermometer stuck in it and I go by that to determine doneness. You could get your fire and temp up to 350 deg and sear the meat for 15 - 25 min and then add the bricks and drip pan and finish it indirect at 350 for as long as it takes to get to what you want. I would guess 2 more hrs.[p]Tim