Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jucy Lucy Burger Sliders...yum!

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks Ripnem! I think you were the first to post the Jucy Lucy...and we have become fans, especially in slider size! These were delicious, and truly filled the 'burger craving', without feeling like we'd eaten 1000 calories! :blink:

I kicked up the ground chuck (80:20) a bit with kosher salt, Nam Pla (fish sauce...and yes, I was doing this B4 the Tweeve rage!), a tiny bit of Worcestershire, and fresh cracked pepper. Portioned into 2.5 oz balls, then divided and flattened....

DSC00392-1.jpg
Quartered 3 slices of American cheese, and each half got 3 pieces. So, 3/4 of a piece of American, inside each patty.
DSC00393-1.jpg

Put the two sides together....pinched the edges...and reformed....
DSC00394.jpg
Cheese? What?? Where???

Onto the screaming hot Egg (not)....seiously folks, I had the egg at 400*. I just opened the top for a few minutes for the coals to come to life, and voila!!
DSC00396.jpg
Slider sized potato buns in the foil warming up a bit!

DSC00398.jpg
Flipped, and added more cheese. :blush: Those slices are only one quarter of a slice of American.

The fixins'
DSC00395.jpg
And yeah, sometimes there is NO substitute for good ol' French's mustard!! This is one of those times! ;)

DSC00400-1.jpg
A couple plated...Lettuce, pickles,red onion, mustard, mayo, ketchup, and some sliced Romas from the garden.

And the anticipated...
DSC00401-1.jpg
Inside...Oooey gooey-ness.... :laugh: I love the Jucy Lucy!

These were great! :) Thanks for looking, and Happy Eggin'!

Comments